|Client Update 18.104.22.168/7.0.8 Admin – October 17, 2014 – BETA|
• Added the ability to specify a default filter value for the Outstanding Task Views.
• Added a new event type that alerts users when a customer is selected within the application.
• Enhanced the Event Manager to include various filtering capabilities.
• Resolved the ‘Invalid Amount format’ error that occurred when exporting a Purchase Order with Other Charge tax.
• Resolved the issue where the PB template fields were exported out of order.
• Resolved the issue where a change to the CustomerID did not update the Return Order table properly.
• Fixed the ‘Unknown Error’ that occurred when linking items to a Model Class.
• Modified the Sales Order conversion process to resolve ODBC issues.
• Resolved the issue where users with proper Purchase Order permissions were not able to receive a Purchase Order.
• Modified the loading logic of the Sales Order Review screen to minimize the amount of processing data.
• Modified the meter reading import to include the Serial Number in the logging files.
• Fixed an issue with the equipment importer where the Unit ID was not validated to be unique.
• Modified the inventory import for serialized items to import the item without Serial Numbers. The quantity in stock will be set to 0.
|Client Update 22.214.171.124/7.0.7 Admin – October 14, 2014|
Click here to see the Release Announcement.
• Added the Request Type to the field list of Outstanding Task Views.
• Added the ability to filter the Outstanding Task View by the values of the first selected field in the current View.
• Added an event type to alert users when tasks are left unassigned.
• Included the ability to indicate the availability of technicians when scheduling jobs based on the technician time-off feature.
• Removed temporary tables when unloading the Sales Order Review form.
• Resolved the ‘ODBC call failed error 3146’ that occurred when exporting Purchase Orders using the QB Direct links and SQL database.
• Modified the Sales Invoice and Service Task screens so that selected record is not initially set in edit mode.
• Resolved the issue where the retail price of the line item on a Sales Order recalculated when zooming to the item.
• Clarified the message text when notifying users that an instance of Miracle Service is already running.
• Resolved the table attach error that occurred when loading the administration program.
• Resolved the date range filtering issue in the Service Billing Review screen when using non-standard date formats.
• Fixed the ‘Could not find file…’ error when viewing User Screens using a SQL database.
• Resolved the issue where modifying the User Screen definitions using a SQL database caused the application to hang.
• Resolved the ‘Invalid Use of Null’ error that occurred when cancelling out on creating a new customer.
• Resolved the issue where modifying the user’s login name blocked the user from logging into the application.
• Added validation to user names to avoid illegal characters.
• Resolved the issue where the application hangs when creating a Sales Order through the Return Order module using SQL database.
• Added logic to support quotes in the Outstanding Task screen Filter For value.
• Disabled the scroll wheel on the Service Equipment to prevent null errors.
• Resolved the ‘ODBC – call failed’ error that occurred when invoices for Project Order payments.
• Fixed the ‘ODBC – call failed’ and the dbSeeChanges error that occurred periodically when printing an invoice with serialized items using SQL database.
• Added support for 7 digit numbers when exporting to QuickBooks Direct.
• Resolved the issue where the Unit ID was not updating the inventory records when being received from a Purchase Order using SQL database.
• Fixed the ‘Data has changed’ error that occurred when modifying a task using SQL database.
• Improved the performance on the Quick Call and Service Request screens after selecting the customer when using SQL database.
• Fixed the ODBC error that occurred when searching by Requester Name using the binocular search with SQL database.
• Moved focus on the task description fields to the start of the value rather than the end.
• Improved performance of the Sales Order calculations using SQL database.
• Resolved the issue when rescheduling a task from the Task Activity screen where the forms did not close properly using SQL database.
• Removed the use of the SQL View from the Return Order screen to eliminate the issue with the digital certificate when the application exited abruptly.
• Resolved the ‘Object Variable not set’ error when printing a legacy picking slip using SQL database.
• Fixed the issue with transferring non-serialized inventory.
• Resolved the issue where Service Equipment was not generated when adding serviceable parts to a task.
• Resolved the filtering error on the Return Order screen.
• Fixed the syntax error that occurred when closing a Return Order when an apostrophe is in the unit location.
• Fixed the ODBC and dbSeeChanges error that occurred when closing a Return Order.
• Resolved the issue with Peachtree Quantum export where items with a cost of less than a dollar did not export on a Purchase Order.
• Improved performance when modifying the serial number or unit id of Service Equipment.
• Resolved the issue with meter reading importer where a date is not specified using SQL database.
|BETA RELEASE: Client Update 126.96.36.199/7.0.5 Admin – August 29, 2014|
• Added the ability to attach a Service Contract and/or Service Equipment to a Sales Order after line items have been added. The user will be prompted to recalculate the line price.
• Users are now able to send a message to assigned technicians from the ‘Schedule Technician Activity’ form from the Outstanding Task screen.
• Added the ability to add multiple inventory kits on a Service Task.
• Modified the application launcher to check for other running instances of the same client or administration application.
• Sorted the invoice line items when exporting using the General (Extended) link.
• Resolved the issue where the specified date range was not applied properly to legacy reports with filtering when using SQL Server database.
• Added a validation check to the Service Contract to disallow adding service equipment that is attached to a Return Order with action type set to Deactivate Equipment.
• Added a validation check to the closing process of the Return Order to verify that a valid Service Equipment is selected to be returned.
• Renamed meter names, that cannot be removed due to being linked to an invoice, when changing the model number on a Service Equipment.
• Improved performance when modifying Service Contract charges using SQL Server database.
• Disabled the scroll wheel on the Quick Call and Return Order screens to avoid adding blank records.
• Added an additional check for converted Sales Orders to prevent converting Sales Orders multiple times.
• Modified the Service Task close validation process to include scheduled date/time, assigned date/time, billed labor hours, billed travel hours, overtime labor hours and overtime travel hours.
• Resolved the issue where a Back Order does not get created for Purchase Orders using SQL Server database.
• Added validation to ensure a default Priority and Task Priority are selected when setting service preferences.
• Displayed the region name on the customer record.
• Resolved the issue where the Flat charge by zone was not applied to new equipment from the Quick Call screen.
• Resolved the issue where the contract accessory value is stored in the contract history table instead of the equipment’s period charge.
• Resolved the Data Type conversion error when transferring parts.
• Resolved the #Error that displayed prior to adding line values on transactions using SQL Server database.
• Fixed the issue where meters on multiple contracts were removed when running Table Maintenance for Service Equipment Contracts.
• Fixed an issue when importing Service Equipment that occurred when the model class did not exist.
• Resolved the issue where the Contract ID is not always the top line of a printed invoice.
|Client Update 188.8.131.52/7.0.4 Admin – July 18, 2014|
• Added the payment terms days for consolidated invoice reports.
• Improved performance issues on transaction line items (Purchase Order, Sales Order and Invoice).
• Improved performance when voiding Period Billing invoices.
• Improved performance when reconciling inventory.
• Resolved the timeout error that occurred when exporting using the ‘Simply Accounting 2005 & 2006′ export link with a SQL database.
• Resolved the Invalid Use of Null error that occurred on a Return Order when returned Service Equipment was added to a new contract.
• Added a warning when reactivating a Service Contract if the equipment is on an open Return Order with action set to deactivate equipment.
• Resolved the date range issue when filtering exported documents using dd/mm/yyyy date format.
• Changed the default value of the requester opt-in flag to true.
• Resolved the issue where item number changes were not applied to the Return Order.
• Modified report titles with ‘Salesman’ to ‘Salesperson’.
• Fixed the issue when exporting Purchase Orders using the Quickbooks Direct links.
|Client Update 184.108.40.206/7.0.4 Admin – June 25, 2014|
• None Added
• Resolved the ODBC errors that occurred with SQL users when closing a Task from the Task Activity screen and when creating a Purchase Order.
• Fixed the issue where the average cost of item received was not calculated properly with SQL users.
• Filtered out deleted Purchase Orders when viewing linked orders on a Task or Sales Order.
• July 16, 2014 – Fixed the QuickBooks PO export issue that would cause PO exports to fail for the QuickBooks US Direct Exporter.
|Client Update 220.127.116.11/7.0.4 Admin – June 20, 2014|
• Enhanced inventory tracking to include all areas where quantity levels can be modified.
• Added a new setting to indicate the calculation preference for Equipment and Contract Profitability. Users can now select either the Standard or Advanced methods.
• Added the ability to temporarily deactivate event notifications.
• Enhanced form validation on the contract forms to disallow null values.
• Included a new utility that performs backups, restores backups and runs scripts on the MiracleService SQL database.
• Added the ability to zoom to service tasks from the Service Billing Review screen so that modifications can be made.
• Enhanced the Event Manager to support customer specific events.
• Included a new Opt-In option on the requester.
• Added the ability to include Other Charges to a Project Order invoice.
• Improved Table Maintenance to remove and log when equipment was not linked to a customer.
• Added the ability to filter the Period Billing screen by Service Contract to improve loading performance.
• Added a new feature that allows you to indicate if a part being purchased is under warranty. When under warranty, the last cost of the item is not recalculated using the reduced cost. Also, when indicating that a Part Used is under warranty the cost associated to the Service invoice is set to 0 for accurate profitability analysis.
• Included the ability to generate a Purchase Order from parts needed on a Service Task.
• Updated the SQL Database Backup utility to include the ability to restore and to run scripts on the Miracle Service database.
• Resolved the ‘This is not a known error” when running Table Maintenance on a SQL database.
• Fixed the issue where an incorrect tax group was being used on Period Billing invoices with consolidated meters. This only occurred when applying tax based on the equipment’s customer location.
• Modified the equipment purge logic to include only equipment found on voided invoices.
• Resolved the issue where report descriptions were truncated in the Reports Review form.
• Modified the way Quick Call parts needed are processed to avoid any duplicate part issues.
• Fixed the issue where the task description did not update properly when changes were made on the Task Activity form.
• Reset the Active flag color to green after modifying the equipment record.
• Removed highlighting from task description when setting the task to edit mode to avoid the possibility of deleting the description.
• Resolved the issue where the parts used retail price was showing as $0.00 when reviewing charges in the Service Billing Review screen.
• Fixed the meter import issue when importing to a SQL database.
• Fixed the issue where the requester’s phone extension did not always display on the task.
• Resolved the issue where the close button did not always display on the task even though all of the criteria were met.
• Fixed various performance issues when using SQL Server database.
• Resolved the issue where Table Maintenance on Security Users removed the datetime stamp in SQL Server database.
|Client Update 18.104.22.168/7.0.3 Admin – April 11, 2014|
• Enhanced the QB direct links to include support for QB transaction classes.
• Added the ability to indicate if transaction group types are required fields.
• Included the BillTo region field for printing Service Contracts.
• Included the customer’s address 1 field to the binocular search results.
• Included a repx format of the customer statement.
• Added various validation checks on the Service Contract to resolve invalid use of null errors.
• Resolved the issue that occurred when adding security group names with spaces when using SQL Server.
• Fixed the issue when adding a new model class from the Service Equipment where the newly added item was not defaulted in. This only occurred when using SQL Server.
• Resolved the issue with printing a Sales Order when an apostrophe is used in the sales rep name.
• Resolved the syntax error on the Technician Activity when a provider’s name contains an apostrophe.
• Fixed the issue where the PM warning light did not display properly on the Quick Call screen when the service equipment was not on a contract.
• Modified the contract auto price adjustment feature to set next adjustment date based on the schedule date instead of the current date.
• Resolved the issue with the UK date format that ran contract auto adjustments out of sequence.
• Added form validation to the billed labour and travel hours so that values cannot be null.
• Resolved the issue where consolidated meters did not configure properly when renewing a contract with a SQL database.
• Modified the printing logic for repx customer statement
|Client Update 22.214.171.124/7.0.2 Admin – March 19, 2014|
• Added the ability to print all charges on a task ticket without first billing the task.
• Resolved the issue where individual invoices could not be selected to purge.
• Fixed field issue with Serialized Inventory Detail report that occurred with SQL Server database users.
• Added logic to recalculate the hours included on a service contract when a call is closed via the Technician Activity screen.
• Modified the BusinessVision accounting link to parse out the part number from the line description on Service invoices.
• Modified the Sales Order locking logic so that the record is not locked until the user clicks the Edit button.
• Ordered the technician list on the Technician Maintenance screen.
• Added logic to the reset meter function to reset the start meter reading for all linked Service Contracts.
• Resolved the issue where a Sales Order appeared in the Sales Order Review screen when linked to multiple Purchase Orders.
• Removed special characters from the auto-generated customer ID when based on the Company Name.
|Client Update 126.96.36.199/7.0.1 Admin – March 4, 2014|
• None Added.
• Resolved the issue where blank standard Period Billing invoices were printed when a 0 CPC Charge is configured on a meter.
• Updated the ReportXML.exe to version 188.8.131.52 to support sub reports used in the Contract and Equipment Profitability reports.
• Added profitability sub reports to the Upgrader routine.
|Client Update 184.108.40.206/7.0.1 Admin – February 18, 2014|
• Added a new indicator feature to the Document Manager. Now the text color on the Documents button will turn green when a document is attached to a customer, invoice, sales order, task, equipment or contract.
• Fixed the issue where the last billed meter readings were not consistently added.
• Resolved rounding error when linking to QuickBooks with the Equipment Category method enabled.
• Resolved the Period Billing exporting error that occurred for invoices with meter charges only.
• Modified logic for metered contracts (that use CPC levels only) to handle issue where overages were reset when viewing the charges.
• Fixed the issue where the print flag on non-zero dollar Service invoices were set when generating in batch with zero dollar invoices.
|Client Update 220.127.116.11/7.0.0 Admin – February 10, 2014|
Click here to see the Release Announcement.
• Added the ability to reset a meter and to reset the last billed meter reading. This feature is available when lifetime meter is enabled.
• Added the created user on all invoice forms.
• Included the number of active Service Equipment that a customer location has in the Customer Center.
• Included the Salesperson as a search field in the Customer Center.
• Updated User Interface Icons.
• Fixed the issue where the start meter reading is not being set when created from a Sales Order linked to a Return Order.
• Set the task status when generating a Service Task from the PM Review screen.
• Added logic to ensure technician Web Login’s are unique.
• Resolved the issue where the Request # wasn’t formatted properly in message prompt.
• Fixed the issue where invoices with the combined base feature did not use the correct values in detail table.
• Divided the Table Maintenance logic for Service Contract and Service Equipment into separate areas to improve performance when only required to target a specific area. Options are now “Service Contracts”, “Service Equipment” and “Service Contract Billing”.
• Changed logic to check for the number of technicians after the upgrade and update the license file.
• Weight Scale Management feature is added.
• Set the reattach option by default on the startup screen for Administration.
• Added the ability to launch Google Maps from the Customer Center.
• Added New Dashboards Feature
• Automated Database Back Feature
• Fixed the dbSeeChanges error that occurred when cancelling out of rescheduling a task.
|Client Update 18.104.22.168/6.7.0 Admin – January 9, 2014|
• Included support for Business Vision and QuickBooks UK 2014 to the accounting exporter.
• Added the ability to search Equipment information from anywhere within Miracle Service by using the F9 key.
• Added the ability to filter for voided invoices in the Purge Invoice form.
• Added a new setting to allow users to create linking Purchase Orders to a Sales Order.
• Resolved the issue with Period Billing where the same serial number at different customer locations is billed under the location of the Return Order.
• Reset form focus to next record when applying full payments in Payment Review form.
• Resolved the ‘Couldn’t insert or paste; data too long for field’ error when generating a Period Billing invoice with long equipment data.
• Fixed the issue where a warning for linked Purchase Orders displayed when editing a Sales Order when no linking record existed.
• Changed the length of the Sales Order discount description to 255 characters.
• Resolved the issue where the lifetime meter readings delete when viewing the form.
• Fixed the issue where the service task number was not formatted properly when generating a PM task. This only occurs when using the sequential numbering format.
• Optimized the logic for recalculating tax by ShipTo location.
• Resolved the issue where consolidated meter charges were not exported when using the Equipment Category method for QuickBooks Direct.
• Modified the miracle.exe application launcher to read the mo.lf for detecting database type. SKCLNET.dll is required in the install directory.
• Added logging when adding/editing meter readings on closed Return Orders to track down issue where the updated reading is not updating in the contract history tables.
• Fixed the issue where the multi-currency fields displayed for SQL users.
• Added logic to the status check functionality to compare number of technicians allowed. Reset web-enabled technicians if number was set to 0.
• Included the ability to track technician time-off. Users must be given permission to view/edit this feature.
• Improved performance in various areas: Text sales invoice taxes, adding PO line items, converting Sales Orders , SB Review, adding SO and Invoice line items
• Resolved the error for ‘fqryContractCategoryB’ when modifying contract templates.
|Client Update 22.214.171.124/6.6.9 Admin – November 25, 2013|
• Added ability to add notes on Service Contracts.
• Modified the Combined Base feature to exclude Service Equipment with clicks included on attached meters.
• Added the ability to create multiple Purchase Orders per Sales Order.
• Enhanced the QuickBooks Direct links to set multiple subtotals by invoice type.
• Added check for open Return Orders when adding Service Equipment on an existing task.
• Included the Customer PO Number field when searching for a Sales Order.
• Improved performance when reviewing large Service Contracts.
• Added a repx format of the ‘Mean Clicks Per Month’ and the ‘Mean Clicks Per Month #2’ reports.
• Resolved the issue where adding new items from a Sales Order or Invoice gave a parts compatibility warning.
• Added the check for held customer accounts when using the binocular search from a Sales Order or Invoice.
• Modified the logic for accumulated clicks on consolidated meters to reset the accumulated clicks if a reading was made for any meter in the consolidation.
• Set tblInvoicePeriodBillingDetails.dblOverage and tblInvoicePeriodBillingDetails.dblCostPerClick to the actual meter charge for records without clicks included and no meter charge applies.
• Included a new SQL upgrade tool to update triggers, etc… directly.
• Fixed performance issue for exporting via QuickBooks US 2002 links, QB Direct Link and Peachtree Quantum links.
• Resolved the ODBC error when changing a Customer ID when there is a linking record in serialized inventory.
|Client Update 126.96.36.199/6.6.8 Admin – October 31, 2013|
• Added support for service expenses to the MAS 90+ accounting link.
• Added logic to reset the Service Equipment email address when the equipment is returned on a Return Order.
• Added the ability to customize Service Equipment Profitability and Service Contract Profitability reports.
• Resolved the error that occurred when renewing a Service Contract with percentage renewal set.
• Modified the logic for checking for related Return Orders to filter out voided records.
• Resolved the issue where adding multiple Service Equipment with parent/child properties caused incorrect relationships.
• Fixed the issue with exporting an invoice with a discount when using the QuickBooks prefix setting.
• Resolved the ODBC error that occurred when creating a Service Equipment when printing an invoice.
• Fixed the ODBC error when attempting to attach a Service Equipment to an invoice for a ShipTo customer.
• Modified the following accounting links to be SQL compatible: Peachtree Quantum (SO Journal, with Ship-To), Peachtree Quantum (SO Journal, with Ship-To) #2, QuickBooks 2002(U.S.)(By Company Name) and QuickBooks 2002(U.S.)(By Company ID).
• Improved performance when adding meter readings.
• Fixed the issue that occurred when trying to change the export paths for the accounting exporter.
|Client Update 188.8.131.52/6.6.7 Admin – October 15, 2013|
Click here to see the Release Announcement.
• Included a new feature that allows users to create a list of compatible parts by a customer’s special price list
• Resolved the issue where the BillTo relationship was not properly assigned when importing a customer list using the BillTo company name.
• Fixed the error on the printed consolidated service invoice where the labor charges did not display correctly. This only occurred when using labor hours included in the contract.
• Fixed the issue where the starting service request number could not be changed.
• Resolved the issue with the service equipment system configuration when adding multiple equipment at a time.
• Resolved the syntax error that occurred when adding a new event type when the HTML setting is not selected.
|Client Update 184.108.40.206/6.6.5 Admin – September 4, 2013|
• Added new field to exported database log that includes transaction numbers.
• Enhanced Table Maintenance to include a routine to create the BillTo relationship for invalid customers. Also included logic to remove incomplete service requests.
• Included validation logic to the contract start meter reading and call back days.
• QB Direct export– Modified the logic for category exporting to group by category and tax code. Only applies if the extra subtotal logic is selected.
• Resolved the issue where the BillTo customer was assigned to sold serialized items instead of the ShipTo location.
• Resolved the Invalid use of null error that occurred when no Purchase Order numbering is used.
• Fixed issue where the Period Billing invoice exporter did not export duplicate equipment.
• Fixed the issue where cancelling from the payment form reset the paid flag.
• Added Sales Order user screen values automatically to the Back Order.
• Resolved the issue where meter notifications were not being sent.
• Resolved the query error that occurred when using the prorated option.
|Client Update 220.127.116.11/6.6.4 Admin – August 1, 2013|
• Added the Reschedule Reason as a field for the reschedule text.
• Included a new permissions to allow/restrict users in the Administration module.
• QB Direct export – added extra subtotal method
• Resolved the issue where lifetime meter readings were not added when a new service equipment was manually created or when the Model Number of an existing equipment changed.
• Fixed the issue where accumulated clicks were not properly considered when using the ‘Clicks Included in interval’ type.
• Resolved the issue with the taxable line identifier for Period Billing invoices when using the enhanced account method by Equipment Category.
• Added logic to include meters (returned using the Return Order) to be included on final invoice when no period charges are required.
|Client Update 18.104.22.168/6.6.3 Admin – July 16, 2013|
• None Added.
• Fixed the issue where the code from parts used form was missing
|Client Update 22.214.171.124/6.6.2 Admin – June 20, 2013|
• Added a new Price Book feature that allows users to import supplier parts list that is kept separate from your inventory list. Parts can be added to inventory when needed.
• Added a warning when creating a service task for equipment that is linked to a Return Order.
• The administration is now limited to ‘siteadmin’ users. This will prevent other users from running administrative functions.
• Added the Task description field to the Outstanding Task screen and to the Customer Center’s task list.
• Added a warning when adding equipment to a contract for other active contracts with the same equipment.
• Added a new Combine Base feature to service contracts that allows the user to specify a minimum base charge. The base charge will then be subtracted from any meter charges.
• Added the ability to filter out non-paid invoices when exporting transactions in the administration.
• Added the ability to filter by invoice type when exporting transactions in the administration.
• Included a new filter to display or hide site service tasks in the Customer Center for BillTo customers.
• Added a setting to use the landed cost feature on Purchase Orders. When the setting is enabled the landed cost fields will now display on received Purchase Orders.
• Added the ability to specify an ETTR to service task types. The default is used when specifying the task type on service calls.
• Fixed the issue in the Customer Center where the ‘Active Only’ flag did not filter equipment properly.
• Resolved the issue where a corrupt record was saved when the amount field on a contract’s Other Charges is entered. An ‘Invalid Use of Null’ error was displayed when printing the contract.
• Added logic for lifetime meter when creating new service equipment from a sales invoice or swap wizard.
• Resolved the issue where blank payment records were added when applying a payment in the Payment Review screen.
• Fixed the syntax error that occurred when searching for equipment using the binoculars with the ‘Address 1’ parameter.
• Modified the meter notification feature to group emails by the email address to reduce the number of emails sent. Also, equipment with blank emails are not grouped with other equipment.
• Resolved the ‘Overflow’ error that occurred when selecting the ‘Update PM Schedule’ option on the model class (in administration) when the number of clicks specified is a large number.
• Modified the ‘Period Billing Meter Call Sheet’ report to apply the ‘Calls Required Only’ form filter when selected.
|Client Update 126.96.36.199/6.6.1 Admin – May 22, 2013|
• None Added
• Added form logic to Service Contracts to prevent users from setting null contract terms, billing intervals and default priority.
• Resolved the ‘Illegal Function Call’ error that occurred when importing meter readings when user defined fields are not selected.
• Fixed the issue where the customer’s Billto did not display in lookup mode in the Customer Center.
• Resolved the error that occurred when creating viewing a Sales Order from a Return Order that was generated from a service task.
• Set accumulated clicks to 0 when null.
|Client Update 188.8.131.52/6.6.0 Admin – May 17, 2013|
• Enhanced the Service Contract to allow users to attach all equipment with a single click. The same enhancement was applied for attaching meters.
• Added the ability to set contract charges by Model Class, Model Number, Meter Name or for All equipment simultaneously.
• Added the ability to sort requesters by Last Name or First Name.
• Enhanced the notes feature to show Bill to Notes when viewing Ship To notes.
• Added equipment location and equipment User Defined Fields to the meter reading import. Also included an option to ignore null values.
• Added a new feature that maintains a running count of a meter’s readings. This feature is available with the Return Order module.
• Added the ability to accumulate clicks included on meters when a reading is not captured at the time of billing. The accumulated clicks will be used at the next meter billing.
• Included a filter on the Period Billing Meter Call screen to show only meters where a reading is required.
• Users are now able to include a note when adding meter readings.
• Enhanced the Service Contract to be able to specify a penalty fee when a valid meter reading is not captured during the meter billing.
• Added a new setting to the Return Order module that allows users to indicate if the replacement equipment should be automatically added to the Service Contract.
• Added the ability to show only attached tax codes when viewing the Tax Group list in administration setup. Also modified the tax codes to show up to 4 decimal places.
• Added logic to set $0 Service Billing invoices as paid when they are generated.
• Added validation when closing Return Orders to check the linking Service Contract for the replacement equipment so that duplicate equipment is not added.
• Modified the Sales Order locking logic to release the transaction once the user moves from the record to ensure the handle has been released.
• Fixed the issue where adding new equipment on the Quick Call screen, for a customer without other equipment, did not save the Customer.
• Added form validation to prevent blank billing intervals on a contract template and service contract.
• Resolved the overflow error that occurred when reconciling a Purchase Order.
• Filtered out cancelled contracts when attaching a Sales Order or Invoice to a Service Contract.
• Fixed the issue where Service Equipment could not be purged from the database.
• Resolved the issue on the Service Billing Review screen where serialized parts did not show the price properly.
|Client Update 184.108.40.206/6.5.3 Admin – Apr 12, 2013|
Click here to see the Release Announcement.
• Included the Service Task created user to the list of fields available for printed task tickets.
• Added custom label support to the Return Order module.
• Added the equipment IP Address as an available field in the Outstanding Task screen.
• Modified the text color on the Notes button to green when notes exist on a Service Task or Customer.
• Added the equipment Category and Local Phone fields to the custom label list.
• Included the equipment Local Phone field as a searchable field on Service Requests.
• Added consolidated meter tax to invoice details table.
• Included various consolidated meter fields for reporting.
• Added a new setting that allows users that tax Period Billing by ShipTo location to use the BillTo’s tax group for consolidated meters.
• Enhanced Table Maintenance to resolve null values on Service Task technician records.
• Resolved the issue where requester names did not print on task ticket if a last name was not specified.
• Fixed the ‘No Current Record’ that occurred when deleting the last note on a customer.
• Fixed the issue where an inventory item could be saved without a model class / model number when in edit mode.
• Prevented the ability to save blank line items on Purchase Orders, Sales Orders and Invoices.
• Resolved the tax calculation issues that occurred when using negative quantity values.
• Fixed the issue where ShipTo requesters could be edited without being in edit mode.
• Resolved the issue where the Outstanding Task screen did not refresh properly after rescheduling a Service Task.
• Refined the ‘Show In Stock Only’ filter option on the Inventory Transfer screen to include non-serialized items.
• Fixed the issue where the price of parts used was not calculating properly when reserved from a Purchase Order.
|Client Update 220.127.116.11/6.5.2 Admin – Mar 25, 2013|
• Added new setting to specify if meter call date should be the current date or aging date when entering meter readings on Period Billing Meter Call screen.
• Improved performance when recalculating a Period Billing invoice.
• Exposed the Waybill (2)# field on the Return Order for selected actions regardless if a returned equipment is specified.
• Added the ability to indicate if an initial meter reading of 0 should be added when importing metered service equipment.
• Added editing control to the Sales Order module to prevent multiple users from modifying the same record simultaneously.
• Enhanced the warning message when deactivating equipment when linked to a service task, contract or return order.
• Updated the RDS to include payments to invoice dataset.
• Updated the RDS to include the task reschedule reason to common service dataset.
• Updated the RDS to include equipment information to the invoice dataset (SN, Unit ID, Description, Location and Model).
• Resolved the issue where attached documents were not removed when linked service tasks were deleted. These documents appeared for attaching to emails when sending a task ticket.
• Fixed rounding issue on Purchase Order.
• Reset the ‘Order From’ alignment on Purchase Order.
• Resolved the issue with the Equipment Profitability report where invoice totals were reported incorrectly.
• Reset tab order on Parts Needed screen.
• Modified the attach logic on Sales Invoices and Sales Orders to include all equipment linked to the customer locations.
• Fixed the issue where the application would hang when selecting the ‘OK’ button on the Period Billing screen when nothing is selected to be approved.
• Resolved the issue with the Return Order module where last billed readings were not being removed when invoice from voided.
• Resolved the ‘No Current Record’ issue that occurs when generating a Period Billing invoice with other charges.
• Fixed the issue where the price did not print on labels when receiving a Purchase Order.
• Fixed the issue where blank user fields were not saved to the service task when adding them to a Quick Call.
• Modified the Outstanding Task screen to maintain record selection after closing a service task.
• Modified the Period Billing logic to check for returned equipment that has not yet been billed. This change only applies when using the Return Order module.
• Resolved the issue with size limitations where resetting a user’s password.
• Fixed the issue with adding Resolution Codes on the Task Activity screen.
• Fixed the issue with adding new model class from a Service Contract.
• Resolved the ‘No Current Record’ error that occurred when creating a Sales Order for a customer set to use quantity pricing when no records exist.
• Fixed the issue where the reschedule text was not properly updating based on configured settings.
• Fixed for Billing MB and PB
• added relationship check after updating last known version (after upgrades)
• Removed fax number and updated company name on error messages directed to contact Nexent.
|Client Update 18.104.22.168/6.5.1 Admin – Feb 20, 2013|
Click here to see the Release Announcement.
• Updated the report module to include the invoice currency code. Modified all currency related reports to display the currency code.
Resolved Issues – Patch Release Feb 20, 2013
• Resolved a No Current Record error that occurs when approving Period Billing Invoices with Other Charges on them
Resolved Issues – Release Jan 16, 2013
• Resolved the issue with the Return Order module where returning items to another warehouse location failed. Items would only return to the existing warehouse.
• Modified the item price calculation to use long data type to accommodate complex calculations.
• Resolved the issue where printing standard reports in a Terminal Services environment caused unexpected results.
• Fixed rounding error in Period Billing Export Template tool. Also fixed the issue where base charges did not export when meter charges were not included on the invoice.
• Resolved the ‘form name is misspelled’ error that occurred when viewing serialized detail when reconciling a Purchase Order.
• Fixed the ‘you can’t assign a value to this object’ error that occurred when modifying the model information from an inventory item. This error only occurred in SQL version.
• Improved performance when assigning multiple technicians from the Quick Call screen.
• Improved performance when modifying serialized inventory.
• Resolved the issue where equipment details did not display properly on Period Billing invoices when meter charges were not included. This only occurred when using the Return Order module.
• Added logic to API to trim spaces from company name when auto generating Customer IDs.
• Resolved the ‘Invalid Use of Null’ error that occurred when adding Other Charges to a contract. This error only occurred in SQL version.
• Cleared Sales Order number from voided Purchase Order.
• Fixed the issue where the customer’s labor surcharge was used for travel surcharges when creating a task through a Service Request.
• Resolved the issue where the internal email address did not receive emails when emailing from the Invoice Review screen.
|Client Update 22.214.171.124/6.5.0 Admin – Dec 12, 2012|
• Added a new setting to enable the ability to integrate the task status with the technician status.
• Added the ability to deactivate Service Equipment that is not on an active Service Contract via the Return Order module.
• Added the ability to indicate if documents should be viewable in the Customer Portal.
• Added the ability to create a Purchase Order from a POS Sales Order.
• Included a warning message when creating a new Service Task that indicates that an open Service Task exists for the same equipment.
• Fixed the issue in the Return Order module where the validation check for duplicate returns did not occur when finding the equipment using the binocular search.
• Resolved the issue where payment history always printed on the .repx reports regardless of setting.
• Resolved the issue where the new equipment location was pulled from the serialized item record when printing a Sales Invoice.
• Fixed the issue with User Defined Fields where the strPrimaryKey was not carried over to the updated table definition.
• Modified the Purchase Order print logic to verify that the order has been approved prior to printing.
• Fixed the issue where requesters would not print on Task Tickets if the requester did not have a last name.
|Client Update 126.96.36.199/6.4.5 Admin – Nov 30, 2012|
• Added an eForms module that allows users to auto-populate PDF forms to a service task. eForms can be configured at the Customer, Equipment, Task Type and Task levels. The eForms module requires the Technician Web or Wireless Portal.
• Resolved the permission error when registering for the Meter Center or eMail Manager modules.
|Client Update 188.8.131.52/6.4.5 Admin – Nov 28, 2012|
• Enhanced the Email Manager to support HTML format and images.
• Included the ‘Task Created Date’ field to the Email Manager.
• Added a validation check to the Return Order module to ensure that duplicate orders are not created for the same returned equipment.
• Fixed the issue where it was possible to enter a meter reading date out of order when the last date was after the Aging Date.
• Resolved the syntax error that occurred when scheduling a task from the Technician Activity screen.
• Fixed the sell price calculation on the ‘Machine Sales Profitability by Sales Rep’ report.
• Modified the ‘Contract Profitability’ report to use the system currency symbol. Also included non-Miracle Service invoice values in calculations.
• Resolved the ‘No Current Record’ error that occurred when applying tax on Service Contract Other Charges.
• Fixed the ‘Command or Action not available’ error that occurred when printing an Access version Sales Invoice report.
• Resolved the issue where the Customer ID updates were not applied to Return Orders.
• Resolved the issue where the returned Service Equipment meter charges were not properly added to the Contract history tables.
|Client Update 184.108.40.206/6.4.5 Admin – Nov 08, 2012|
• None Added.
• Resolved the #Name? issue in the task listing of the Customer Centre.
|Client Update 220.127.116.11/6.4.5 Admin – Nov 05, 2012|
• None Added.
• Resolved the ‘invalid reference’ error that occurred when adding technician time-off types.
• Fixed the status issue when rescheduling a task from the Outstanding Task screen.
• Resolved the ‘Write Conflict’ error that occurred when printing a Sales Invoice for a rental item.
• Fixed the issue where the counter was not set accurately on the Return Order Review screen.
|Client Update 18.104.22.168/6.4.5 Admin – Oct 26, 2012|
• Added the ability to track the status of a service task with customizable status field. The task status differs from the technician status as it manually updated to follow the status of the task.
• Included a new billing interval for Service Contract called ‘Tri-Annual’ that bills three times a year.
• Added the work performed field to the event manager field list.
• Enhanced the notes feature to include all recipients in a single email in order to facilitate the ability to reply to all recipients.
• Added automatic Customer ID support for importing customers.
• Enhanced the meter importer to include the ability to specify the date format of the file and to include the minimum number of days before importing new readings.
• Included a new setting to the Update Wizard to indicate whether or not the Service Equipment status should be inactivated when being removed from a Service Contract.
• Added the Customer P.O. number to the QuickBooks Direct exporters.
• Resolved the issue where documents linked to a Service Equipment were not found when sorting by customer.
• Removed the included charge per click line on Period Billing invoices.
• Fixed the issue where the rental flag was not being reset when modifying the line item number on a Sales Order.
• Modified Period Billing to calculate period billing based on equipment added date only when the prorate feature is enabled.
• Included routine to clear link between voided Invoice and Sales Order.
• Fixed the issue where custom report functions were not properly run when printing from the Invoice Review screen.
• Resolved the issue where level charges from consolidated meters did not print properly on Service Contracts.
• Fixed the issue where the Service Request ID was null when generating a PM task.
• Reverted to full form Service Equipment screen when zooming from the Quick Call or Task Maintenance screens so that users can see history.
• Fixed the issue where the Service Contract renewal feature was not properly setting the equipment added date.
• Enhanced Table Maintenance to resolve when Service Equipment do not have proper system configuration.
• Fixed the issue where a semi-colon in task description caused blank data when reviewing the task details from the Service Billing Review screen.
• Enhanced the Period Billing exporter to use fields from the actual invoice instead of the Service Contract.
• Fixed the issue that occurred when printing reports in a Terminal Server environment.
• Made a change to the Sales Order save routines to avoid the issue where the SO is marked as void. The issue was never duplicated but a possible cause was identified.
• Enhanced the Return Order module to include a new action that removes equipment from a Service Contract.
• Enhanced the Return Order module to allow editing the meter readings after the order has been closed.
• Enhanced the Return Order module to force the user to select a contract if the returned SE is linked to one
• Fixed custom Invoice where the Unit ID was not printing properly.
• Included the ability to define technician time-off. This feature is hidden and is only available to specific customers as it is tied into their custom report.
|Client Update 22.214.171.124/6.4.2 Admin – Sep 25, 2012|
• None Added
• Fixed issue where the meter billing charges were based on a last billed meter reading of 0. This only occurred on Service Contracts with no period billings remaining.
|Client Update 126.96.36.199/6.4.2 Admin – Sep 18, 2012|
Click here to see the Release Announcement.
• Included a new Service Contract report format that lists meter names in the summary charges section.
• Added the Service Task’s Customer PO field to the Event Manager module.
• Enhanced the feature surrounding the customer active flag where a customer cannot be set as inactive if linked to an unprinted Invoice or Sales Order, open Service Request or active Service Contract.
• Enhanced the Return Order module to include a new customer holding account used when the order is closed. Also reset customer-specific fields such as location, IP address and user defined fields.
• Added the requester email address to the Outstanding Task Details screen.
• Included a new Service Contract setting to specify to use prorated rates.
• The Service Tasks now display the number of total open tasks compared to the total tasks in the Service Request.
• Resolved the issue where the hours remaining on a new Service Contract were not properly set from the template settings.
• Fixed the issue with the QuickBooks Direct links where service lines were processed as item lines which resulted in a Invalid Use of Null error.
• Set the default billing method for all customers to ‘Print’ when the Automatic Invoice Billing module is not activated.
• Fixed an issue where the manufacturer’s warranty end date from serialized items did not carry over to the linking Service Equipment.
• Resolved the issue where customer information on invoices, sales order, etc… displayed incorrect information when an inactive customer was assigned to the transaction.
• Fixed an issue where voided Invoices remain linked to original Sales Order. No record is found when zooming from the Invoice.
• Set the standard Sales Quote as the standard report if one hasn’t been selected.
• Fixed the printing issue when using Terminal Services.
• Resolved the issue where the ‘Paid’ flag on an invoice did not reset properly when the payments were deleted.
• Resolved the ‘Write Conflict’ error that occurred after applying an invoice payment.
• Fixed the error the occurred from the Quick Call and Service Task screens when adding a new Service Equipment. This only occurred if the customer did not have any other Service Equipment.
• Fixed the ‘Object Variable..’ error that occurred when creating new Service Contracts (intermittent occurrence).
• Resolved the issue where Table Maintenance caused an issue a Service Task’s estimate flag.
• Fixed the issue where an inactive ShipTo customer could not be reactivated.
• Resolved the issue where a cancelled Service Contract, with Other Charges, could not be deleted.
• Resolved issues where the period charge and/or meter charge on a Service Contract was not properly calculated.
• Fixed the issue that prevented a Service Equipment to synchronize with the linking inventory item.
|Client Update 188.8.131.52/6.4.1 Admin – Aug 01, 2012|
• Modified the Meter Due Notification module to use the customer main email address if the Service Equipment does not have an email address setup.
• Added the ability to export consolidated Period Billing and Service Billing invoices to QuickBooks using the QuickBooks Direct links.
• Added the Service Equipment Category field to the Period Billing Exporter.
• Added the ability to recalculate the remaining Labor and Travel hours that are included on a Service Contract. This field can also be overridden.
• Modified the name of the report ‘Non-Active Service Equipment Contracts’ to ‘Service Contracts – Non-Active’ in order to group the report with other similar reports.
• Enhanced the Returns Management module to enable Return Order printing.
• Added the ability to set a salesperson as inactive. Users also have the ability to specify a default replacement sales person for customers and models.
• Resolved the missing field error that occurred for certain users without full Service permissions when viewing a Service Task.
• Cleared the Service Contract fields after saving a new Service Contract.
• Fixed the issue in the Period Billing Exporter where the payment terms and payment types did not export data.
• Resolved the error that occurred when printing a Sales Invoice that was converted from a Sales Order not linked to a Return Order. This error only occurred with the Returns Management module.
• Added logic to prevent users from deleting a Service Request with linked Service Tasks that were previously billed.
|Client Update 184.108.40.206/6.4.0 Admin – Jul 18, 2012|
• Included a new setting that allows users to indicate whether the Active flag on Service Equipment should be automatically set when any update is made to the record.
• Enhanced the Table Maintenance tool to add default meters to any metered Service Equipment without meters.
• Added the ability to review the remaining hours included on Service Contracts. Users are also able to adjust the number if required.
• Enhanced the Return Order module to include the ability to specify whether a Serial Number is required in order to close Return Orders. If this setting is not used, users will be able to configure the contract properties on a Sales Invoice linked to the Return Order.
• Fixed the issue where the clicks included type did not save properly when editing a Service Contract.
• Resolved the issue where the modified price on parts used reverted back to original price on save.
• Fixed the issue where voiding an invoice linked to a Sales Order did not work properly when there were multiple Back Orders.
• Fixed the ‘Invalid Use of Null’ error that occurred when automatically adding new Service Equipment to a Service Contract from an invoice.
• Resolved various sorting issues on the Outstanding Request screen.
• Modified the meter due notification feature to skip any issues that arise instead of stopping the process when it encounters an error.
• Fixed the issue with batch printing where the first time processing sporadically included the records from the previous batch.
|Client Update 220.127.116.11/6.3.2 Admin – Jun 29, 2012|
• Enhanced the QB Direct export links to support multiple expense accounts.
• Added payment tracking details to the repx format of all invoice types.
• Added a new optional Event Manager module that allows users to send email notifications as certain events occur in Miracle Service and the web portals.
• Added a new optional eMail Manager module that saves the email thread for customer and task notes from all users.
• Added the ability to specify multiple service equipment on a Service Task.
• Added the ability to specify multiple task types on a Service Task.
• Added the ability to format the task description for rescheduled tasks.
• Enhanced the Service Request search to include Customer PO number, Install Date and customized user fields.
• Included the total number of open tasks, within the Service Request, on the Task Maintenance screen.
• Added a new exporting link for Invoices called “General (Extended)” that follows the same data format as the existing “General” link however it must be used in conjunction with a scheduled task.
• Fixed the issue with the QB Direct export links where the category was not prefixed to the item name when specified during a Purchase Order export.
• Resolved the issue with the Service Equipment Profitability report where the values were not consistent and the detail block was repeated.
• Fixed the sorting issue that occurred in some instances in the inventory maintenance.
• Resolved the issue where the requester did not appear on Sales Orders until the field was selected.
• Resolved the issue where the requester name did not appear on Task Tickets if the requester did not have a last name specified.
• Fixed the issue that occurred when reserving multiple received parts from a Purchase Order.
• Fixed issue where incomplete Purchase Orders appeared in Purchase Order Review.
|Client Update 18.104.22.168/6.3.1 Admin – Jun 07, 2012|
• Added a new Return Order Management module for tracking Equipment returns.
• Added .CSV file support to the import API for meter readings. The import utility in Administration also supports .CSV files for meter readings.
• The Service User fields are now available to be printed on Service Billing invoices using the .repx format.
• The Invoice Message field was added to printed invoices.
• Added record IDs to logging table to for transaction troubleshooting purposes
• Fixed the issue with the enhanced export method by Contract Template where an incorrect account was being used for invoices when using the QB Direct link.
• Resolved the ‘Expression On Click…’ error that occurred when editing service expenses.
• Resolved the multi-currency issue on the Contract Profitability screen and report.
• Fixed the issue when printing Access version of Service or Period Billing invoices when customer search setting is set to Customer ID.
• Resolved the ‘No Current Record’ error that occurred when creating the final payment invoice for Sales Orders.
|Client Update 22.214.171.124/6.3.1 Admin – May 18, 2012|
• Added new security permission for defining User Screen definitions. Also included a new security permission for updating User Screen data.
• Resolved the issue where one-time charges were appearing on the Period Billing Review screen for charges that were already billed. Note that the invoice did not include the one-time charge.
• Fixed the ‘There is an invalid reference to QuickBooks Item “’” in the Purchase Order line” error that occurred when exporting Purchase Orders with the QB Direct links.
• Resolved the filtering issue on the serialized Inventory Detail screen when the substatus changed back to in stock status.
|Client Update 126.96.36.199/6.3.0 Admin – May 16, 2012|
• Added a new permission level that allows users to add requesters without having customer or supplier edit permissions.
• Added the ability to print a Packing Slip for Sales Invoices. Custom Packing Slips can be created using the Report Designer.
• Enhanced the customer Table Maintenance feature to specify default values for blank payment types, tax groups and billing methods.
• Included the ability to create a standard User Screens definition to expose up to 5 fields on the printed Sales Order and Sales Invoice. Applicable only to .repx report types. See TN 4957 for more information.
• Enhanced the customer binocular search to include a default search parameter field. This option will allow users to specify the most common search field.
• Added the Model Class and Model Number to the results list when searching by a service equipment field in the binocular search.
• Improved the Group Type filtering on the Invoice Review and Sales Order Review screens to display records by Group Type, All records or blank Group Types.
• Added the ability to specify an email address to salespersons. Salespersons linked to customers and transactions will be available in the Report Viewer for emailing documents.
• Users are now able to specify a default payment type. The default value will be used when creating new customers or for applying invoice payments for customers without a payment type specified.
• Added the Unit ID to the Inventory Transfer screen. Also included the ability to filter out Rental, Trial or Loan items.
• Added new fields for consolidated invoices to include a common Customer Order Number and Date.
• Serial Number was added to the available field list for the Outstanding Task Views.
• Added invoice payment detailed logging.
• Fixed the issue where a modified Customer ID was not properly updated on certain related records.
• Changed the customer reference for sold serialized items to the ShipTo customer rather than the BillTo customer.
• Resolved the syntax error that occurred when searching for superseded parts or service equipment.
• Standardized the method to calculate suggested retail price by using the BillTo settings.
• Resolved the error that occurred when attempting to create multiple Quick Calls after searching for the customer using the binocular search.
• Fixed the issue that occurred when multiple users are converting Sales Orders where an incorrect invoice was displayed after conversion.
• Resolved the Type Mismatch error on various screens when the regional settings included multiple characters for the currency symbol.
• Reordered the field tab order on the Sales Order and Purchase Order forms.
• Resolved the issue where Service Equipment could not be created from the Service Contract.
|Client Update 188.8.131.52/6.2.7 Admin – April 30, 2012|
• Added the ability to link an item category to the Service Equipment. The inventory item’s category is used when creating a new Service Equipment.
• Resolved the issue that prevented invoices from being exported using the QuickBooks 2002(U.S.)(By Company Name) link.
• Resolved the syntax error that occurred when searching for superseded parts or service equipment.
|Client Update 184.108.40.206/6.2.5 Admin – February 08, 2012|
• Created a new standard report called ‘Yield Report by Service Equipment’ that details the yield usage of Service Equipment by serial number.
• Increased the size of the Service Task Billing Details form in order to reduce the amount of scrolling.
• Modified the Purchase Order module to automatically approve Back Orders as they are generated. This will reduce a step in the receiving process.
• Added the ability to specify a Unit ID to serialized inventory when received on a Purchase Order. The Unit ID is displayed in all transaction forms with the serial number.
• The originating Purchase Order number is displayed on the Service Equipment record. Users are able to zoom to the Purchase Order from the Service Equipment.
• Add a new field to capture the user that created a Sales Order and display in the User Interface. This field is not user editable.
• Enhanced the Sales Order and Sales Invoice to include a new filtering field called ‘Group Type’. From the Sales Order Review and Invoice Review forms, users are able to filter by Group types.
• Added the Shipped Via field to the Sales Order Review form.
• Modified the Special Pricing feature for Ship To customers where the setup for the Bill To can be viewed.
• Increased the size of all transaction line item forms in order to reduce the amount of scrolling.
• Enhanced the internal email sending function to include a separate email address for Service Tasks.
• Added requesters to Suppliers. The requester list is available when emailing a Purchase Order. Note that this feature is only supported in the .repx format of the Purchase Order.
• Added a new setting that allows users to remove Bill To customers from the customer drop down box on Invoices, Sales Orders and Service Requests.
• Added a new reference field to the Purchase Order. This field is available to be printed on the .repx version of the Purchase Order.
• Included additional customer fields to the Invoice and Sales Order customer drop down field to identify customers more easily.
• Added a new department field to the Sales Order and Invoice. This field is available to be printed on the .repx version of the Sales Order and Invoice.
• Added the ability to search by Serial Number and Unit ID when adding a serialized item to a Sales Order or Invoice. Also added the ability to filter by warehouse.
• Resolved the issue where apostrophes in the Document Manager title caused an error.
• Fixed the issue where the values in the Service Contract drop down box could be overwritten when attaching a Service Contract to an Invoice or Sales Order.
• Automatically set the Supplier ID on serialized items based on the item’s default serial number.
• Removed the ‘Included in Contract’ flag on Invoice and Sales Order line items when the Service Contract is unattached from the transaction.
• Resolved the search by BillTo ID issue on Service Contracts where the BillTo on the Service Contract was ignored and the Customer’s BillTo was used.
• Sorted various drop down controls and forms.
• Resolved various ‘No Current Record’ issues.
• Fixed the issue where an error occurred when modifying the Serial Number to the same value with different case letters.
• Resolved the issue where the Model Class could not be modified on a Service Equipment when under an active Service Contract.
• Fixed the issue where duplicate Task numbers were generated when rescheduled within a Service Request with deleted Service Tasks.
• Resolved the ‘..could not find input table or query ztblServiceTaskUpdates’ error that occurred when deleting a Service Task with Service Equipment.
|Client Update 220.127.116.11/6.2.4 Admin – December 23, 2011|
• Included the Service Customer PO field to the Outstanding Task view.
• Enhanced the Sales Order module to include Back Order Sales Orders.
• Added the ability to specify which tax group to use to apply to Sales Invoices (by either ShipTo or BillTo locations).
• Added the requester field to sales invoices.
• Enhanced the data importer and API to include category accounts.
• Added support for Quickbooks 2012 Canadian Edition.
• Resolved various No Current Record errors in the Invoice module, Service Contract and Table Maintenance.
• Sorted the transaction line item records so that the items appear in the same order on the screen and invoice.
• Fixed the Invalid Use of Null error that occurred when adding technician travel and labor times manually (without using the date button).
• Modified the special pricing feature so that it is hidden from ShipTo locations.
• Resolved the issue where Other Charges were accounted for twice on profitability report.
• Fixed the issue where the date filter was not returning accurate data when using the dd/mm/yy date format in the customer center.
• Resolved the focus error and Invalid Use of Null error when zooming to a Service Request from the Outstanding Request screen.
• Resolved the issue where the task priority shifted off of the screen on the Task Maintenance screen when zooming from Outstanding Request screen.
• Fixed the Invalid Use of Null from Service History screen when zooming to Parts Used and zooming to the Service Request.
• Removed the single quote as an invalid character on address fields.
• Fixed the issue where the printed and converted flags were reversed on the customer center.
• Resolved the issue where the default call buffer was not used when adding meters to an existing Service Contract. Also fixed the issue where the meter billing table wasn’t being updated.
• Re-added the “Service Equipment Warranties – Expired” and “Service Equipment Warranties – Not Expired” reports.
|Client Update 18.104.22.168/6.2.2 Admin – November 22, 2011|
• Enhanced the warning light feature on the various service screens to include an improved visual aspect of the task status and properties.
• Included a new warning light for Service Contracts that include labor and/or travel hours. Users are able to see how many hours are remaining on the Service Contract when creating new calls.
• Added a new report that expands on the current ‘Service Contract Hours Remaining’ report that includes a listing of the linked service tasks with the labor and travel hours as well as the hours remaining.
• Added a new filter to the update wizard that will hide or show metered Service Equipment and metered Serialized Inventory from the available serial number list when swapping or adding new equipment.
• Resolved the issue where you were able to create duplicate requesters when adding new Service Equipment.
• Resolved the focus error that occurred on the Service Equipment screens when tabbing through the status field.
• Fixed the ‘Object is no longer valid’ error that occurred when exporting using the QB Direct links.
• Resolved the refresh issue on the Period Billing screen where the call required checkbox did not update properly once a meter reading was applied.
• Fixed the issue where users were not able to delete the last invoice payment.
• Fixed the issue where the primary service equipment on a Service Contract could not be switched if the equipment was previously attached to the Service Contract.
• Resolved the ‘Item not found in this collection’ issue that occurred in the Update Wizard when applying meter charges.
• Fixed the issue with printing unpaid invoices with the customer statement when .repx invoices are set to print.
• Fixed the issue where the last serial number could not be removed from inventory.
• Resolved various ‘No Current Record’ errors that occurred on Service Contracts and when exporting.
• Fixed the issue where the clicks included in interval was not displayed on Period Billing invoices for consolidated meters.
• Added logic to the conversion process on the Sales Order Review screen to skip any Sales Order that does not have sufficient quantity in inventory to fulfill the order.
|Client Update 22.214.171.124/6.2.1 Admin – October 25, 2011|
• Improved the user interface for configuring report and email settings within the Administration program. The applicable settings are now found in a centralized location directly off of the Main menu under the option ‘Reports and Email’.
• Resolved the various errors that occurred due to a linking problem to the backend database. Common errors include “The field is too small to accept…” or “Cannot open database”.
• Fixed the issue where #ERROR was displayed on consolidated Service Billing invoices. Also corrected the issue where the ‘Consolidated Invoice No 3’ wasn’t available.
• Fixed an issue where the clicks included wasn’t saving if the contract used CPC levels.
|Client Update 126.96.36.199/6.2.0 Admin – October 18, 2011|
Click here to see the Release Announcement.
• Added a ‘Sites’ tab to the Customer Center that displays all of the site locations that are linked to the BillTo.
• Implemented QuickBooks sub-names when exporting using one of the QuickBooks Direct links.
• Implemented a new Accounting Link for Pastel Accounting. See Technical Note TN 3630 for more details.
• Added a new process to Table Maintenance that resets null task assigned dates.
• Added a new process to Table Maintenance that clears any parts needed for closed tasks.
• Enhanced the customer binocular search to include the Equipment IP Address and Equipment Location.
• Moved the Supplier module from the Main menu to the Inventory menu to improve application flow.
• Added many helpful links to the Nexent Innovations website which include access to Knowledge Base articles, downloads, Training Videos, User Forum, Technical Notes and the ability to open a support ticket.
• Increased the size of the tax forms and sorted alphabetically.
• Included a utility that checks for the Miracle Service required files and versions on a client machine.
• Added the Document Manager module to Invoices.
• Added a summary to the Auto Email Notification process that outlines the results of the email notifications for selected contracts.
• Modified the user interface of the Service Contract in order to improve performance and to allow users to easily modify contract properties and pricing.
• Added the ability to set renewal prices on individual service equipment and meters. Users can also still set renewal prices based on contract-wide percentage settings. A new permission has been added that must be activated for a user to run this function.
• Included an Auto Price Adjustment feature that automatically updates equipment and meter prices on the specified schedule. Prices can be adjusted by contract-wide percentage settings, by individual prices or by meter name. A new permission has been added that must be activated for a user to run this function.
• Included the ability to email documents to requesters.
• Added the ability to email Customer Statements.
• Increased the tax code and tax group fields to 50 characters.
• Enhanced the Service Request Follow-Up feature that prevents a user from closing a request where the Follow-Up flag has been set but the Follow-Up Completed has not been set.
• Added the ability to email Customer and Task Notes.
• Enhanced the Purchase Order to include the ability to set Drop Ship locations for customers.
• Added the customer’s email address to the ‘Service Contract by Customer with Equipment’ report.
• Added a new alert when adding new inventory items when the item number was previously superseded.
• Enhanced the emailing feature to include an internal address for all outgoing emails. Users have the ability to specify an internal email address, use the current user’s email address or opt not to send internally.
• Added an additional search component for importing meter readings. Users are now able to include the Customer ID as a filter. We now support importing meter readings by Serial Number only, Serial Number and Customer ID or all three parameters (Serial Number, Customer ID and Unit ID).
• Enhanced the sorting on the Period Billing Review screen to include the Contract ID. The form is now sorted first by Customer and then Contract ID.
• Added additional fields to the Inventory importer. New fields apply only to serialized parts and include: status, start date and status customer.
• Added the ability to import meter readings for a specific customer. Serial Numbers will be filtered for the specified customer only.
• Improved the Service Contract user interface by displaying more information up front such as: attached service equipment with charges, attached meters with charges.
• Resolved the issue where part labels were not properly printed in .repx format.
• Resolved the issue where the completed task time did not print on the .repx format of the task ticket if there were no travel times.
• Modified the logic of the Period Billing Hold feature so that expired holds are removed from the database. The cleanup function is run at application startup. Also enhanced logging surrounding this feature.
• Modified the default send group to ‘All Technicians’ for the SMS module. Users are still able to select individual technicians.
• Changed the terminology for ‘Banking Information’ to ‘Invoice Message’ in the administration interface.
• Resolved the error where yield values were not properly set when renewing a Service Contract.
• Resolved the syntax error that occurred when creating the first Period Billing Export template.
• Fixed the issue where the wrong COGS, Asset and Income accounts were used for the QuickBooks inventory exporter when using the enhanced GL account method.
• Resolved the issue where rescheduling a task did not set the created by user.
• Resolved the error that caused #NAME to appear in the Service Equipment Contract profitability form when outside invoices are linked to the Service Contract.
• Added sorting to the Consolidated Invoice form.
• Enlarged the character space for displaying the requester’s phone extension.
• Enhanced the customer search to support ‘#’ in search values.
• Modified the contract control to exclude contracts that expire on the current date on the Quick Call and Task Maintenance forms.
• Resolved the overflow error that occurred when deleting parts in reschedule tasks.
• Fixed the ‘No Current Record’ error that occurred in the Invoice Review form when only one report type is set to use .repx format and a zero dollar invoice is selected to print. This error will only occur if you select not to physically print zero dollar invoices.
• Resolved the ‘You can’t hide the control that has the focus’ error that occurred when zooming from the Outstanding Task screen.
• Resolved the issue where the mileage expense amount does not display properly on the Service Billing invoice. The amount does appear correctly on the printed invoice.
• Resolved the issue where the Other Charges amount does not display properly on the Period Billing invoice.
• Filtered CRM quotes from the Customer Center.
• Filtered out ShipTo customers from the Service Contract customer control and increased the size on the displayed data when selected.
• Fixed the ‘Invalid Use of Null’ error that occurred when navigating through the security user’s form in administration. This error only occurred if the settings information was missing.
• Resolved the error that occurred when trying to register a license that had the Meter Center module enabled.
• Fixed the issue where system users were removed during Table Maintenance.
• Added validation to ensure that a service task cannot be closed in there are no assigned technicians or if there are no labor times added. Also Miracle Service will add labor start and end times if no times were added when closing and rescheduling.
• Enhanced logging surrounding the Service Contract.
• Modified the task ticket to show charges if the task is closed. Previous version did not show the charges until the task was billed.
• Resolved the issue on Customer Statements where past due invoices were not displaying.
• Increased the size of the Equipment Description field.
• Resolved the issue where the checkbox to include the technicians mileage when calculating expense cost is not automatically checked (when set in administration) on the Quick Call and Schedule screen from the Outstanding Task screen.
• Resolved the ‘1| in 2| expression’ error that occurred on the Technician Messaging form in administration.
• Increased the character space for the date field in the ‘Sales Order Inventory Review’ report.
• Resolved the error in the Auto Email Notification body text where the specified text configured in administration was not added to the email.
• Fixed the issue where the Equipment importer in administration used the column header name ‘Metered’ twice.
• Modified the Sales Order so that users can zoom to the Requester and add new requesters.
• Resolved the issue that caused the warning message to be displayed that accounts are missing when exporting invoices.
• Fixed the issue where the BillTo information on the task ticket was pulled from the Customer account rather than from the Service Request.
• Changed the page layout of the ‘Service Billing Review’ report to Letter size (for NA customers only).
• Fixed the issue where the task meter reading was not visible on the service task when the customer of the equipment changed.
• Fixed the issue with the QB Direct export link where a null account was being exported on an invoice for consolidated meters using the MCMN enhanced GL method.
• Added 3 new fields to the QB inventory export for the Australian edition. Columns included are: TAXABLE, TAXCODE and PURCHTAXCODE.
• Resolved the issue where labor and travel times displayed incorrectly when tasks included overtime hours. The reports affected were: ‘Technician Activity – Details’, ‘Technician Activity – Details #2’, ‘Technician Activity – Details #3’.
• Fixed the issue on the ‘Response Time by Customers’ reports where different start times were displayed each time the report was run. This issue only affected service requests with multiple tasks and did not occur consistently.
• Modified the service equipment profitability logic to include the travel hours when applying a labor burden.
• Modified the permission levels surrounding the PM Review screen. Users with View Service Info permission are able to view and print the report. However only users with Edit Service Info permission are able to generate service tasks.
• Resolved the QB Direct 3 decimal rounding issue on Purchase Orders.
• Fixed the rounding issue on labor charges on the printed Service Estimate.
• Resolved the error that ‘ztblPOReserve’ is in use when receiving a Purchase Order with reserved parts.
|Client Update 188.8.131.52/6.0.4 Admin – July 14, 2011|
• Added the Customer PO number to the available field list for SMS messages.
• Added the ability to assign a requester to all Sales Order types. The standard .repx reports have been updated to display the requester name and phone number.
• Users are now able to modify the BillTo of a Sales Invoice and Sales Order without removing the existing line items. Line items are calculated based on the new BillTo’s tax group and price groups.
• Added the task creator to the Task Maintenance screen.
• Added the ability to assign multiple technicians from the Quick Call screen. A new setting was introduced for this feature.
• Resolved the issue that occurred when adding a new requester from the Quick Call screen when the last character of the name is a space.
• Fixed the issue with the subject text of the SMS message where the default value was being overwritten each time a new message was sent.
• Increased the service equipment meter name field size to 255 characters to match the size of the meter name for models.
• Reset the report configuration for these two reports: ‘Service History Details by Service Equipment #1’ and ‘Service History Details by Service Equipment #2’.
• Fixed the refresh issue on the Invoice Review screen where printed invoices were not being removed from the form after printing.
• Fixed the issue where exported inventory items where imported as service items in Australian QuickBooks editions.
• Updated the meter call reports to include the equipment ID and to be sorted by meter name.
|Client Update 184.108.40.206/6.0.0 Admin – June 7, 2011|
• None Added.
• Resolved the issue that occurred when synchronizing invoices with QuickBooks when the subtotal had more than 2 decimal values.
• Resolved the ‘No current record’ error that occurred from the Invoice Review screen when a standard .repx format report is selected as default but an invoice is set to be marked as printed only.
• Updated the print flag on new Purchase Orders when printing using the standard .repx format report.
• Resolved the issue where service task status’s where being reset when running Table Maintenance on outstanding calls. Also fixed the problem where status’ were not being updated properly from the Outstanding Task screen.
• Fixed the issue with serialized parts on the Invoice Analysis by Salesman (POS) report where items where accounted for duplicate times.
• Resolved the error that occurred on the SMTP setup screen in administration that prevented some machines from running the form.
|Client Update 220.127.116.11/6.0.0 Admin – May 18, 2011|
• Updated the QuickBooks Export to support QuickBooks 2011.
• Fixed the issue with tax by value where the calculation was at times giving improper results.
• Resolved the issue where serialized parts on a Sales Invoice was showing $0.00 price when being converted from a Sales Order. This issue did not show on the printed invoice.
• Resolved the ‘invalid use of null’ error in the Outstanding Task screen that occurred when closing the Activity screen.
• Resolved the issue where the price for calculated mileage was showing $0.00 price on Service Invoices. This issue did not show on the printed invoice.
• Resolved the issue where the price for Other Charges on Period Billing invoices was showing $0.00. This issue did not show on the printed invoice.
|Client Update 18.104.22.168/6.0.0 Admin – January 21, 2011|
Click here to see the Release Announcement.
• Expanded the address setup to include separate configurations for Purchase Orders and Service Tasks. These settings are only applicable to the editable (repx) reports.
• Included the last billed meter reading to the email body for meter due notifications.
• Modified the email body text for meter due notifications to be compatible with the new Meter Center optional module.
• Increased the email body text field size for all report types.
• Added new Service Billing invoice print options: (1) Hide Labor and Travel, (2) Hide Labor and Travel when zero amount and (3) Remove ‘Parts Used at this Service Call’. These settings are only applicable to the editable (repx) reports.
• Modified the report description of all of the ‘Outstanding Service Tasks’ reports to include that the date range is based on the request start date.
• Added the ability to consolidate Period Billing invoices. Also included an editable (repx) report.
• Enhanced the custom report feature to include Service Estimates. Users are now able to create their own estimate sheets using the Report Designer and select to use as default.
• Modified the archive utility to automatically detect when updates to the archive.mdb are needed. This process will occur right before archiving data.
• Included the ability to review and manage pending Service Contract updates using the Update Wizard. Also, added the ability to filter out serialized inventory from the list of available incoming serial numbers.
• Include repx support for the following form templates: Service Task Ticket, POS Invoice, Text Invoice, Purchase Order, POS Sales Order, Text Sales Order, Part Labels, Picking Slip, Service Estimates, Consolidated Service Billing and Period Billing Invoices and Service Contract.
• Added the ability to define an aging date for the Automatic Meter Due Notification application. Users can now define the number of days to add to the current date to check for meters that are due.
• Increased the Tax Group name size to 50 characters.
• Added the ability to zoom to the corresponding Invoice from the Sales Order and to the Sales Order from the Invoice.
• Removed the date range from the ‘Non-Active Service Equipment Contract’ report as it does not apply. Also removed the ‘Aging Date’ date from the bottom of the report.
• Resolved the ‘You can’t hide the control that has the focus’ error that occurred when zooming to a Service Request from the Outstanding Requests form.
• Fixed the ‘Invalid Use of Null’ that occurred when searching by the binoculars using various search parameters.
• Resolved the issue where template export fields where ordered out of direct sequence which cause an issue when building the Excel file.
• Resolved the issue with the QuickBooks Direct link where a deleted labor rate was not removed from the QuickBooks Item list.
• Resolved the issue with the QuickBooks Direct link where a modified item name was not saved properly for the first labor type record.
• Fixed the issue with Consolidated Service Billing invoices where the part’s discount value on the summary page was not calculating properly.
• Fixed the issue with Consolidated Service Billing invoices where the part’s value on the summary page was not calculating properly.
• Resolved an issue on the Quick Call and Service Request forms when using ‘Company Name’ as the default search field and having duplicate company names. This issue was a direct cause of a malfunction with the binocular search.
• Fixed the error that occurred when creating a new Service Request that was a result of a null start date.
• Added form validation to ensure that meter names are unique per Service Equipment and per Model Class / Model Number.
• Resolved the ‘object variable or with block variable not set’ error that occurred when converting a Sales Order to an Invoice with the yield tracking enabled.
• Added form validation for Home Warehouse and Zone when adding new technicians.
• Improved the loading time of the Administration application during the reattach process.
|Client Update 22.214.171.124/5.6.0 Admin – November 1, 2010|
Click here to see the Release Announcement.
• Added the ability to search for an inventory item by the Comments field.
• Enhanced the Data Importer to include: Invoice Payments, Customer Notes, Customer Contacts, Serialized Inventory and Meter Readings.
• Increased the meter location field size to 255 characters.
• Added the ability to specify a customer’s website address.
• Added the ability to track the source of meter readings.
• Expanded the export field list for the Export Template feature to include many new fields from the Service Contract and Period Billing invoice.
• Enlarged the Service Equipment Contract Start meter screen to allow users to view more records without scrolling. Also sorted this screen by Serial Number.
• Added a new ‘No Contract’ flag to the Quick Call screen which will notify users when a call has been created without a Service Contract. A log entry is made when the call is saved for reference purposes.
• Resolved the issue where the ‘Included in Contract’ flag was removed when an alert message was ignored. All items will be flagged as included in the contract regardless if the parts are charged or not.
• Resolved the issue where the blank account entries warning is displayed when all available accounts are entered.
• Fixed the issue that caused the CPU usage to reach 100% when the Service Task Maintenance screen was open (in certain cases).
• Resolved the issue with the Equipment Importer where the system configuration was not established.
• Resolved the issue where default report selections for POS Sales Orders and Invoices where changed or set to null.
• Changed the terminology from ‘Company-Owned’ equipment to ‘Customer-Owned’ equipment.
• Fixed the issue where the payment type was not defaulted in on new customers.
• Resolved the issue where the landed cost was set to $0 when receiving a Back Order Purchase Order.
• Changed the field order on the Inventory Warehouse screen for non-serialized items so that the order is consistent throughout previous versions.
• Resolved the ‘System Resource’ error that occurred on some computers during the 126.96.36.199 upgrade where the computer’s record locking value was too low to process the required transactions.
• Fixed the problem where the contract included flag was removed when a Sales Order was converted to a Sales Invoice.
• Removed inactive technicians from the list of available technicians when rescheduling a call.
• Resolved the issue where a message was displayed during the registration process when the Technician Portal wasn’t a purchased module.
• Fixed the issue where null accounts were being exported for the Peachtree Quantum inventory export.
|Client Update 188.8.131.52/5.5.0 Admin – September 27, 2010|
• Enhanced the accounting exporter for the US and Canadian QuickBooks Direct links to support revenue accounts by Model Class / Model Number.
• Enhanced the accounting exporter for the US and Canadian QuickBooks Direct links with the ability to update an item’s cost with the invoice transaction. This is a configurable setting.
• Enhanced the accounting exporter for the US and Canadian QuickBooks Direct links with the ability to update a service expense’s ‘Expense’ account through a Journal Entry adjustment for Service Billing invoices. This is a configurable setting.
• Added the ability to add task notes from the Outstanding Task screen.
• Updated the Email Meter Due notification tool to support the latest version of Miracle Service.
• Included a ‘Mark as Exported’ option when exporting Invoices, Purchase Orders, Customers, Inventory and Suppliers. This option will simply mark the records as exported without generating an output file.
” Enhanced the contract Update Wizard to allow updates to Yield tracking settings for the contract. Settings include ‘Yield Warning Percentage’ and ‘Yield Alert Days’.
• Enhanced the contract Update Wizard to allow service equipment from all locations of a Billto when adding new equipment to the contract. The list of available items is now sorted by Serial Number.
• Added the ability to flag a customer as a VIP customer. A new warning light has been introduced to the Quick Call, Task Maintenance and Request screens to notify users of the customer’s VIP status.
• Added a validation check to ensure that the UNC path has been configured for reports in .repx format.
• Included the Equipment’s Customer ID as an available field in the Period Billing invoice Export Templates.
• Added an admin setting to specify if the Task Type should be hidden or displayed on the Quick Call screen.
• Sorted the service tasks on the Customer Center to show the most recent first.
• Enhanced the user interface for configuring accounts for the Accounting Exporter module. Accounts are now grouped by type.
• Added latest Peachtree Quantum Accounting Exporter functionality.
• Resolved the issue where the ‘Contract %’ was not calculating properly for contracts with multiple equipment.
• Added invoice Other Charges to the Contract Profitability screen. Also added the charges to the form report.
• Revised the ‘Inventory Transfer’ report to landscape format to resolve a margin issue when converted to A4 paper size.
• Resolved the logic issue with the setting to show/hide closed Tasks in the Customer Center.
|Client Update 184.108.40.206/5.4.0 Admin – August 30, 2010|
• Added the ability to mark invoices and purchase orders as exported without actually exporting any data.
• Added the ability to sort data columns on customer and task notes.
• Added the ability to zoom to the customer center from the Task Maintenance screen.
• Users are now able to modify the default task type when creating a Quick Call.
• Enhanced the customer search capabilities by adding a new search preference. Users can default the search parameter as the Customer ID or Customer Name. Miracle Service will default the search field based on the setting which includes the customer dropdown box when adding calls, customer center search and when using the binocular search.
• Improved the binocular search functionality by removing the need for wildcard characters and by adding the Requester Name as a parameter.
• Added the ability to add task notes when generating a new Quick Call.
• Added the requester’s email address to the Task Maintenance screen.
• Included the Other Charges list and total value on all Miracle Service printed standard service contracts.
• Removed the redundant CRM reports that are no longer needed.
• Resolved the issue where users were able to delete the period and meter billing intervals on a service contract.
• Resolved the issue where the notes last modified date was not initially set to the created date.
• Removed inactive service contracts from the ‘Has Contract’ notification flag from within the customer center.
• Resolved the syntax error that occurred when printing the Accounting Exporter report when using one of the QuickBooks Direct links.
• Fixed the Overflow error that occurred when adding parts used to a new call when not using the multi-currency feature.
• Fixed the issue where new customers were not assigned a default currency when not using the multi-currency feature.
• Resolved the Invalid Use of Null error that occurred when adding service expenses and contract Other Charges.
|Client Update 220.127.116.11/5.4.0 Admin – August 20, 2010|
• Added Customer ID and Customer Name as selectable data fields on the Meter Call screen.
• Fixed the issue with the UK version of the standard Purchase Order where the margins caused the report to print multiple pages.
• Resolved the Invalid Use of Null error that occurred when adding parts used from the Task Activity screen.
• Readjusted the tab index order on the Inventory Stock Level screen.
• Resolved the Write Conflict error when printing invoices that were not previously printed.
• Fixed the issue that occurred when a service contract’s base price was modified when there are existing billings. User’s were presented with a message stating that the contract value is less than what has been billed.
• Removed inactive service equipment from being attached to a sales invoice or sales order.
|Client Update 18.104.22.168/5.4.0 Admin – July 31, 2010|
• Added the ability to include payment history on printed invoices. This is a configurable setting.
• Increased the cost per copy support to up to 9 decimals.
• Resolved the syntax error that occurred when adding notes with an apostrophe in the text.
• Resolved the ‘Invalid Amount Format’ when exporting large dollar amounts using the QuickBooks Direct links.
• Fixed the ‘Customer Invoice Aging’ Report so that all values were being considered in the total field.
• Fixed the ‘Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find the input table or query ‘ztblInventoryExport’ (and similar errors) when using the QuickBooks Direct links.
• Resolved the problem where the ability to export the customer message details to QuickBooks was removed.
|Client Update 22.214.171.124/5.3.0 Admin – July 16, 2010|
Click here to see the Release Announcement including screen shots.
• Introduced the ability to view custom reports via our new Report Viewer. This feature will allow users to easily create custom reports using Miracle Service’s (optional) Report Designer utility. With this feature, users are able to run both internal Miracle Service reports and external reports in a designated format. The custom report selection form has been modified to outline the reports that follow the new format. For more information see TN4442.
• Enhanced the Accounting module to include support for automatic integration to QuickBooks Canadian Edition.
• Added support for separating POS and Text Sales Invoices and Sales Quotes reports. Users are now able to select different formats for each type.
• Added a new report called ‘Database Error Log’ that details all errors that are encountered on all systems.
• Implemented an error log archive utility that exports database errors to a .CSV file every 30 days. A siteadmin can manually run this utility by selecting ‘Archive Database Log’ from the ‘Options’ menu. See TN 4441 for further details.
• Included the ‘Clear Transfer Log’ function as a siteadmin function only.
• Defaulted the field name text as the exported column header when selecting new fields on an export template definition.
• Modified the sort order on the Service Contract Accessories screen to be by serial number.
• Increased the column widths on the Service Equipment dropdown controls to allow more information to be viewed; particularly the serial number and model information. Changes were made to the Quick Call and Service Task Maintenance / Entry screens.
• Added the functionality to detect when the Miracle Service client application exceeds 500MB and to run the Compact and Repair utility
• Enhanced the auditing level on all types of Invoices and Sales Orders. Adding and editing these transactions are vigorously logged and can be viewed on the ‘Database Log’ report.
• Added ‘landed cost’ support to the Purchase Order module.
Special Note to QuickBooks Users
In this release the QuickBooks Direct Link was moved to a separate Accounting Package listing in the Export File setup in Miracle Service Administration. If you are currently using the QuickBooks 2002(U.S.)(By Company Name) or the QuickBooks 2002(U.S.)(By Company ID) this change will affect you. This does not affect any other accounting file export setup.
To support QuickBooks’ requirements to migrate away from the traditional IIF format we have separated these in the Accounting Package listing. The upgrade will automatically convert your setting to QuickBooks Direct (US by Company ID) or QuickBooks Direct (US by Company Name) based on your original setting. If you still prefer to us the traditional IIF method, you can reselect your original QuickBooks 2002(U.S.)(By Company Name) or QuickBooks 2002(U.S.)(By Company ID) file setup; however, by default all users will be moved to the direct link method. Please refer to Technical Note 3602 (TN 3602) for specific details on the QuickBooks Direct Link Setup.
Due to these circumstances, we are also not updating the IIF functionality in the future releases of Miracle Service.
• Resolved the issue where Sales Invoices with serialized parts were being flagged as exported without actually being exported.
• Modified the Yield alert logic when converting a Sales Order to an Invoice to only include the items that are on the Sales Order rather than all items linked to the Service Contract.
• Resolved the ‘c:\miracledb\msbe.mdb’ is not a valid path error that displayed on startup.
• Fixed the issue where linked Model Class items can be modified without being in edit mode.
• Resolved the focus error that occurred when tabbing from the Contract Yield field in Inventory.
• Added consolidated meter support to the template exports.
• Fixed the issue where the ‘Save and Send’ button was not enabled on the Quick Call screen when a Service Contract with a default technician is selected.
• Fixed the issue where the Inventory Quantity In Stock did not update when a Sales Invoice was voided. The warehouse inventory level was correct, however the main inventory record did not have the updated QIS value.
• Resolved the issue where labor and travel surcharges specified on a Service Contract were included in the Period Billing charge.
|Client Update 126.96.36.199/5.2.2 Admin – May 26, 2010|
• Added a new feature that exports Period Billing invoice details to Excel based on a defined template. Users are able to select the data fields to export which includes customer, equipment, meter, contract and invoice data.
• Modified the email due notification feature to send the email notification to the Service Equipment’s specific email address rather than the customer’s address.
• Resolved the issue where the customer’s address fields could not be removed.
• Resolved the problem where selecting Service Equipment as accessories to a Service Contract forced the focus to jump back to the first Service Equipment on the list.
• Reset the font color on the rescheduled flag when adding a Service Task.
• Modified the Service Equipment meter reading screens to be sorted by meter reading date.
|Client Update 188.8.131.52/5.2.2 Admin – May 7, 2010|
• Added form validation to the international alignment factor to a single digit.
• Added a new flag to Service Equipment that specifies if the equipment is company owned or not. Also added the flag on invoices which will prevent these invoices from being exported.
• Created a new standard Service Invoice which excludes labor and travel charges.
• Added the ability to use decimal quantities in the Parts quantities. This is primarily intended to support the use of billing partical hours when using inventory items for billing labor. This will also allow users to bill partial items as well.
• Resolved the ‘Invalid Use of Null’ error that occurred when trying to Zoom to a Service Task from the Customer Center screens.
• Corrected the average travel time calculation on the Service History Details by Service Equipment #2 report.
• Increased the width of the report name dropdown control as the text for labels was being cut off.
• Modified the way PM’s are checked on fixed schedules. The interval type (i.e. month) is considered instead of actual days (i.e. 30). This will allow a fixed schedule to occur on a monthly basis instead of every 30 days.
|Client Update 184.108.40.206/5.2.1 Admin – April 12, 2010|
• Added the ability for users to define a customizable view on the Meter Call screen. This feature is similar to the view setup in Outstanding Tasks.
• Added a new setting to allow users to display and filter the Customer ID or Customer Name on the Period Billing screen.
• Added a new feature that displays an inventory item’s invoice and purchase history. From inventory, users are able to view the history of items based on intervals of 30 days, 6 months, 12 months or All transactions.
• Added the Service Task priority as a field to send via SMS module.
• Increased the size of line descriptions to 255 characters to offer users the ability to add more detail to inventory item descriptions.
• Enhanced character validation on customer address fields, model class and model number.
• Increased the ‘Amount’ column widths on the default series Purchase Order report to accommodate large values.
• Added the ability to zoom to the Service Contract from the Service Equipment if the ‘Has Contract(s)’ flag is set. If a Service Equipment is on multiple Service Contracts a list is presented to the user.
• Added new fields to the Service Equipment record including: IP address, email address and requester. Note that you must have the Customer Portal in order to use the email address and requester fields.
• Added a $0 filter property on the Invoice tab of the Customer Center.
• Included options to print or exclude Service Equipment description and serial number on Period Billing invoices.
• Created a new standard Service Task Ticket (Miracle Series Work Order (Basic)) which excludes meter and billing information.
• Created a new standard Period Billing invoice (Miracle Series Invoice (Period Charge)) that includes the period billing charge of each Service Equipment.
• Resolved the issue on all standard Service Contract reports where the logo was not properly left-justified. Also moved the report heading to be right-justified to align with other columns.
• Fixed the issue in the ‘Inventory Re-Order and Usage Levels By Supplier’ where a prompt displayed the user to enter the warehouse information.
• Fixed the issue where the ‘Total Meter’ value on the Period Billing screen wasn’t being updated after meter readings were made on the Period Billing Call screen.
• Resolved the issue where inactive technician’s set as default on Service Contracts were being assigned to Service Tasks. Since the technician’s were inactive they did not appear in the drop down on the form.
• Resolved the issue where callback links where not being reset when Service Equipment on a Service Task changed.
• Removed the date range from the Service Equipment and Service Contract tabs on the Customer record.
• Fixed the problem where list items on the Customer record were not added automatically.
• Resolved the issue where users were able to assign received parts on a Purchase Order to a closed task.
• Reworked the way next PM due dates are calculated using the last PM date plus the period days as comparison.
• Fixed the consolidated invoice ‘item not found’ error that occurred when using the #4 numbering format.
• Resolved the issue where Service User Fields were not printing correctly as per their properties.
• Added the date range to the Service Task End Date and excluded open tasks on the ‘Technician Mileage by Task’ report.
|Client Update 220.127.116.11/5.2.0 Admin – March 09, 2010|
• Enhanced the look to provide a familiar Windows theme environment.
• Included a customer centre that allows users to easily review a customer’s history of Invoices, Sales Orders, Service Equipment, Service Contracts, Contacts and Service Tasks. Several filtering options are available to customize the customer centre. To set defaults, open the Miracle Service Administration application and select ‘Customer Tab Defaults’ from the ‘Customers & Suppliers’ menu.
• Added the ability to add notes to a customer which can also be managed on the Service Task. When reviewing notes linked to the customer, users can filter the notes by Customer or by the Service Task. New permissions have been added to support this feature.
• Added several new fields on the Requester field such as email, title, fax and other numbers. Users can update these fields for existing requesters by using the latest version of the import API.
• Modified the way the total value of Service Contracts are calculated. Miracle Service has moved into a period charge system instead of a contract term system. Please review TN4440 for more information.
• Enhanced the Service Contract Update Wizard to include the ability to: 1) Add new Service Equipment to the Service Contract, 2) Review pending swaps, 3) Swap out any Service Equipment on the Service Contract and 4) Configure Renewal Rates for the Service Contract. Please review the updated TN4435.
• Added the ability to set automatic renewal rates on a Service Contract from the Contract Renewals form. Users can add a renewal rate increase/decrease for the Service Contracts’ base amount, for meters and for the additional Service Equipment. The adjustments will automatically apply during the renewal process.
• Added a new Yield Tracker module that allows users to track customer usage levels and generate alerts for exceeding defined limits or when running low based on parts usage. Please see TN4438 for more information.
• When rescheduling a Service Task, users are now able to reschedule without specifying a technician.
• Enhanced the wording of a few system messages to clarify the meaning.
• Enhanced the information displayed on the ‘Inventory Stock Activity’ report to display all items with purchase history.
• Added the ability to purge meter history based on a specified date.
• Resolved the issue where the ‘Inventory Transfer Log’ displays parts twice
• Updated the report description for ‘Sales Orders not able to Complete’ to clarify the parameters of the report.
• Removed several fields that are no longer used in Miracle Service.
• Fixed the issue where the BillTo on a Service Task was being pulled from the Customer record instead of the Service Request.
• Resolved the ‘Invalid Procedure Call’ issue that occurred on the Inventory Transfer and Inventory Reconciliation forms.
• Fixed the issue with the default consolidated invoice where the image placement displayed if no logo was used.
• Resolved the error that occurred when zooming to the kits form from a Sales Order.
• Modified the Outstanding Request and Outstanding Task forms to display records where the request type and task types are null.
• Resolved the ‘Object Invalid or no loner set’ error that occurred when transferring multiple serialized items back to inventory.
• Fixed the issue where a warning that the Service Equipment is on a Service Contract is displayed even when there are no linked contracts when updating the record from the ‘Service Equipment’ form.(28271)
• Added a check when adding new inventory records to ensure that the proper inventory table definitions are in place.
• Expanded the serial number fields on various screens to show the full amount of characters.
• Modified the logic for validating meter readings to include the contract last billed meter reading value.
|Client Update 18.104.22.168/5.1.0 Admin – Janaury 11, 2010|
Click here to see the Release Announcement including screen shots.
• Enhanced the Table Maintenance utility to verify against warehouse records.
• Added the ability to append the date and time to exported file names when using the Accounting Exporter module.
• Added an Archive Tool that allows users to archive data in order to increase performance by working with a smaller database. Archived data can also be restored. Please visit TN4436 for more information.
• Resolved the issue where accessory equipment did not get updated when the customer was modified on the main equipment.
• Fixed the issue with incorrect quantity levels when viewing items in lookup mode on a Purchase Order.
• Modified the Simply Accounting 2004 link to allow zero dollar line items to be exported.
• Corrected the aging date that printed on the ‘Service Equipment Contract Expiry’ report.
• Resolved the error that occurred when adding a requester on the fly from the Quick Call screen when only the first name was added (with a space at the end of the name).
• Corrected the issue where taxes are calculating incorrectly when changing the Bill to on an Invoice. Previously users could modify the Bill to on an invoice; however, this change did not allow the taxes to be modified for each line item. To resolve this when the Bill to is changed, the user will be prompted to re-enter the line items to ensure the taxes are updated based on the new Bill to account selected.
|Client Update 22.214.171.124/5.0.0 Admin – December 16, 2009|
• Enhanced the look of Miracle Service.
• Modified the PB invoice to display the clicks included in term (when applicable) and the period charge in the line description for contracts that use contract tax.
• Included SSL (Secured Socket Layer) support to our SMS and email module.
• Added the ability to select report formats for: Consolidated Service invoices and Inventory labels.
• Created a new standard Consolidated Service invoice that includes a summary page and a customizable message.
• Clairified the error message “‘|’ isn’t a valid path” to help users troubleshoot the issue. The new message is “Invalid path. Please exit Miracle Service and log back in with the option ‘Force re-attachment of back end tables at Startup’ checked.”.
• Clairified the error message “Disk or network error” to help users troubleshoot the issue. The new message is “Disk or network error. Connection to your server has been interrupted. Exit Miracle Service and restart your computer.”.
• Added a new inventory report ‘Inventory Over Max Stock Levels’ that lists slow moving inventory items.
• Added a new inventory report ‘Inventory Parts List Below Min Stock Levels on Order’ that lists inventory items that are below stock levels that also shows quantities on Purchase Orders and customer Sales Order quantities.
• Included a new setting that allows users to specify whether or not the Service Equipment location should appear on PB invoices.
• Enhanced the accounting exporter to include GL accounts for each Service Contract template. These accounts will be applied on Period Billing invoices.*
• Enhanced the accounting exporter to include GL accounts for each Labor Rate. Each Labor Rate will have an account for travel and one for labor. These accounts will be applied on Service Billing invoices.*
• Enhanced the accounting exporter to include GL accounts for each expense type. These accounts will be applied on Service Billing invoices.*
• A new setting has been added to indicate that all invoices that are linked to a Service Contract should use the GL accounts specified for the corresponding Service Contract template.*
• Enhanced the Visual Scheduler to include two-way updates and to offer more detailed views.
• Included a new section to the Table Maintenance utility that includes all transaction types (Invoices, Sales Orders and Purchase Orders).
• Included the ability to add inventory kits to Sales Orders.
• Added a new Sales Order report format that displays kits by name (without the item details).
• Enhanced the Table Maintenance utility to include a transaction option which will remove any incomplete Sales Orders, Invoices and Purchase Orders.
• Added the ability to specify whether to display the Service Task requester on Service Invoices.
• Modified the ‘Inventory Detail List by Warehouse’ report to display all items with their quantity in stock levels.
*Supported packages include: A+ Order Entry, QuickBooks 2009-10 (AU) (By Company ID), QuickBooks 2009-10 (AU) (By Company Name), QuickBooks 2008 (Can)(By Company Name), QuickBooks 2002 (US)(By Company ID), QuickBooks 2002 (US)(By Company Name).
• Resolved the issue where SB discounts did not print on certain standard invoices.
• Fixed the issue where the last PM date was null when opening the ‘View PM Service Equipment Info’ form.
• Added form validation to inventory item numbers and descriptions where quotes (single and double) and semi-colons are not permitted. Also implemented this restriction to the parts importer.
• Resolved the issue where serialized parts did not display correctly in a valid warehouse when converting a Sales Order to an Invoice.
• Included tax calculations on Service Estimates for the tax by invoice method. (# 27785)
• Modified Service Contracts that restricts users from using multiple call buffers on attached meters.
• Resolved the issue where multiple lines appeared on printed invoices when items were sold from different warehouses. (# 28503)
• Resolved the issue where temporary Purchase Orders were not removed from the database. These orders showed as ‘RECONCILExxx’.
• Resolved the ‘Invalid Use of Null’ error that occurred when a user tried to apply a line discount to a value with a comma (i.e. 3,444.00).
• Fixed an issue on the ‘Mean Clicks Between Calls’ report where dates were not sorted properly which caused negative MCBC values.
|Client Update 126.96.36.199/4.7.3 Admin – October 30, 2009|
• Enhanced the ‘Contract Exceptions’ report that is printed from the Contract Renewals form when a contract cannot be cancelled. The report now includes a list of unbilled tasks that is preventing the contract from being cancelled.
• Modified the Service Equipment Contracts maintenance form to include a report printout of unbilled tasks when selecting to cancel the existing contract. The ‘Contract Exceptions’ report is displayed if the user chooses to view the report.
• Created a new Inventory Stock Activity report that details the activity levels of all inventory items within a specified date range. Current quantity in stock and sold quantities are grouped by warehouse, as well as totaled by item.
• Enhanced the startup performance of the Administration application.
• Modified the PB Review screen to include totals of the period charge, meter charge and grand total charge as per the given aging date.
• Modified the method in which service equipment is flagged as needing a PM from within the PM Review screen. The PM schedule (monthly, annually, etc..) is now compared with the aging date. If an active task is flagged as a PM and the scheduled date is within the date range of the aging date and schedule frequency then the service equipment is not flagged as needing a PM. The warning light on a task has also been updated with this logic.
• Included support to export invoices and purchase orders to QuickBooks 2009-2010 AU.
• Added tighter field validation on required fields for Purchase Orders and Sales Orders to prevent corrupt data records. Also forced user to add line items to a transaction or to mark the transaction as void.
• Resolved the ‘Item not found’ error when sending a SMS message to multiple technicians.
• Fixed the issue a few customers experienced that implied that their database cannot be found when starting Miracle Service.
• Resolved an issue with serialized parts used where the record was duplicated in the Parts Used form when reserved.
• Resolved an issue where Period Billing invoices were generated incorrectly in version 188.8.131.52 which caused an issue when exporting to an accounting link.
• Resolved the issue that occurred when emailing a PDF document (task ticket, invoice, etc..) when the default printer is not a PDF writer (such as CutePDF or Adobe).
|Client Update 184.108.40.206/4.7.2 Admin – August 2009|
• Enhanced the Sales Order module to include the ability to add multiple terms and conditions that can be applied to an individual Sales Order. Templates can be added in the administration application which can then be selected and modified once added to a Sales Order. The standard Sales Order reports have been modified to support this capability.
• Extended Invoice, Sales Order and Purchase Order discounts to support both discount rates and straight discount dollars.
• Added the ability to access the Document Manager module from the Technician Activity screen.
• Included accounting link to SAP.
• Redesigned the way contract tax is applied to PB invoices. The change only applies to the meter tax calculations.
• Modified a few Miracle Service components to reference the v4 profile settings. This includes the Email Due Notification application, logging path and “sitescheduler” user and password.
• Modified the reserved parts feature to return unused reserved parts back to active inventory once a call is closed or deleted. It previously left the parts in a reserved state without a link to a call.
• Resolved the issue where item numbers that are marked as faulty cannot be superseded.
|Client Update 220.127.116.11/4.7.0 Admin – April 2009|
Click here to see the Release Announcement including screen shots.
• Enhanced Miracle Service to include a new Document Manager module. This module allows users to link related documents to customers, service equipment, service equipment contracts, sales orders and service tasks. Users are also able to email linked documents with their sales order or service task ticket.
• A new property has been added to inventory items that specify whether or not the inventory item is repairable. The repairable flag is used in conjunction with the Faulty Parts feature which allows users mark parts used on a service task as faulty. The new flag replaces the serviceable property on inventory categories.
• Added the customer’s fax number to the main default task ticket.
• Resolved the ‘Too Few Parameters. Expected 1′ error message that occurred when running the ‘Technician Mileage by Task’ report.
• Resolved the error that occurred when running the ‘Service Contract Monthly Liability’ report.
• Fixed the problem where the inventory item number was not updated when a user modified the part number on a service task.
• Resolved the issue where a user was prompted to print a picking slip from a Quick Call when parts were not added to the call.
• Fixed the Fax connection error message produced when sending a fax using the automated invoice billing feature.
|Client Update 18.104.22.168/4.6.0 Admin – Feb 2009|
Click here to see the Release Announcement.
• Included a new Service Billing report template that displays service user fields. This template also omits labor and travel lines when hours are equal to zero.
• Added the ability to specify a payment type for each expense item that a technician submits.
• Enhanced the BillTo / ShipTo requester relationship. Requesters added from a BillTo customer can be shared among all ShipTo locations. A shared requester can be maintained by any location. This is a configurable feature that can be enabled using Miracle Service Administration.
• Added a status bar indicator to the Period Billing screen that notifies the user of the processing progress.
• Enhanced the accounting export link to QuickBooks Premier Can to include more tax details.
• Created a new QuickBooks 2008 Canadian accounting link. This link supports invoices and purchase orders.
• Added a new column on Text Sales Invoices for the line unit price.
• Added the customer’s PO Number to the Outstanding Task View options for sorting and displaying.
• Added the customer’s PO Number to the Invoice Review screen. Users have the ability to show only invoices with PO Numbers.
• Included the BillTo ID and BillTo Company Name to the standard task ticket.
• Optimized the Period Billing routine to improve the processing time when generating Period Billing Invoices.
• Resolved the ‘You can’t save this record at this time’ error that occurred when a user checked the ‘Create Invoice’ box for a deposit record in the Project Orders payment screen.
• Modified the implementation of the categories included in Project Orders. This feature does not apply to Time and Material type Project Orders. Categories included are now applied as parts are used on a service task linked to the Project Order.
• Resolved the issue where parts used did not show a quantity or line total on Service Invoices were line tax did not apply.
• Resolved a Service Billing invoice issue where invoice tax was being improperly calculated when a company started with one tax system (Tax on Tax or Tax by Line) and then changed the tax system after one or more invoices were generated. The error caused all subsequent invoices to be calculated as the first invoice was.
• Fixed the ‘Item Not Found in this Collection’ error when attempting to convert a Sales Order to an Invoice from the Sales Order Review screen.
• Modified the data dimensions of the part label to consider the margins of the default printer. This will ensure that the label will fit on a Dymo EL60 printer with label size #30252.
• Resolved the formatting error that occurred when running the ‘Service Equipment Warranties – Expired’ and ‘Service Equipment Warranties – Not Expired’ reports.
• Resolved the ‘Invalid use of Null’ error that occurs when viewing certain service contracts. This error only occurred on service contracts that have not yet expired however, all periods have been billed. The Customer Portal must also be activated.
|Client Update 22.214.171.124/4.5.0 Admin – Dec 2008|
Click here to see the Release Announcement.
• Added a new Sales Invoice and Sales Quote that includes an area for customers to enter credit card payment information.
• From within the Administration application, users are able to update PM schedules for all service equipment belonging to the specified model class and model number.
• Modified the ‘Inventory At and Below Min Stock Levels’ report to include the item’s quantity on order.
• Deleting a Service Request, which originates from a Project Order, will now reset the converted flag on the sales order. This will allow users to modify the order and reconvert to a new Service Request.
• Added the ability to return a reserved part to actual inventory.
• The ‘Inventory Transfer Log’ report now displays the Task ID.
• Users are able to print a Picking Slip for parts needed on a Service Task.
• Enhanced the Reserved Parts feature by allowing users to transfer reserved parts from one Service Task to another.
• Added the ability to print part labels from within the Inventory Maintenance screen, as well as when receiving a Purchase Order. This feature can be turned on or off with an administration setting. The label is designed for the Dymo label printer using the 30252 label size.
• Created a new report that details all service tasks, grouped by Task Type. This report offers a date range and customer filter. The report name is ‘Service Task Type Recurrence’.
• Added report ‘Daily Invoice #2′ which includes similar information from ‘Daily Invoice’ with the addition of Task number and Task description.
• Enhanced the user interface on the Work Performed screen. Once the resolution code is selected, the resolution description is automatically added to the work performed text.
• A new setting has been added that allows you to add BillTo requesters to all ShipTo locations.
• From within a service equipment contract, users are able to reset the PM schedule for all service equipment that are included on the service equipment contract.
• Added a start date field on the customer record that allows you to keep track of when a customer was added to Miracle Service.
• Added the ability to configure the meter due notification text that is sent to customers.
• Created a new simplified “Parts Needed” report without service task details. This report is grouped by Technician.
• Users are now able to print a customer’s unpaid invoices (in batch) when printing the customer statement. This feature is available from the Payment Review screen.
• Optimized the Service Billing routine to improved the processing time when generating Service Billing Invoices.
• Resolved the issue that occurred when zooming to a Service Task, from the Outstanding Task and Service History screens, where the incorrect task was displayed when multiple tasks were linked to a single Service Request.
• Increased the date and time fields on the Technician Activity screen to ensure the data is not truncated.
• Resolved the ‘No Current Record’ error that occurred when a user was prompted to process parts needed when saving a new Service Task. Also resolved the issue where an incorrect quantity was displayed to be processed.
• Resolved the issue where parts that are under contract were being billed on the invoice.
• Resolved the ‘Overflow’ error that occurred when closing a request from the ‘Outstanding Request’ screen.
• Resolved the issue where invoice totals were not printing properly on consolidated invoices. This only occurred when printing the consolidated invoice from the Invoice Review screen.
• Resolved the error that occurs when zooming to parts used on a service task from the Service History screen.
|Client Update 126.96.36.199/4.4.0 Admin – Nov 2008|
• Parts specified on Project Orders are now pulled from inventory and reserved for the converted service task. Users can select to either reserve the parts to the MAIN warehouse, the assigned technician’s car stock or to the assigned technician’s home warehouse. This feature also includes a transfer screen that enables users to move reserved parts from one warehouse to another.
• Added a new report titled ‘Inventory Re-Order Levels by Selected Warehouse #2′ that includes reserved parts.
• Added a new report titled ‘Inventory Reconciliation by Item Number with Quantity #2′ that includes reserved parts.
• Added an ETA Date field to Project Orders. When the Project Order is converted to a service request, the ETA Date is set as the service task scheduled date.
• Added the ability to assign a technician to Project Orders. When the Project Order is converted to a service request, the technician is assigned to the service task.
• Enhanced the Purchase Order process to allow users to allocate received parts to service tasks that are currently waiting for parts. A picking slip is printed for each service task that the parts are reserved for.
• Added a new configurable setting that allows users to modify serial numbers as parts are being used on a service task.
• Enhanced the Parts Importer to allow users to update the Bin Location from the parts file.
• Added new standard Invoice, Sales Order, Purchase Order, Task Ticket and Service Contract reports that support a larger logo size. Logo size for these new reports are as follows: 442×91 pixels, 4.83×1 inches, 12.28×2.53 cm.
• Search capabilities on the Sales Order have been enhanced to include the BillTo and ShipTo Company Name.
• The Sales Order number is now visible for reserving parts to a service task when a Purchase Order is being received.
• The faulty parts transfer and reserved parts transfer screens are now searchable by Item Number and WarehouseID.
• Added a configurable default price to be used when calculating a technician’s mileage. This price is used when a task is not linked to service contract or service equipment.
• Modified the accounting exporter where Service Billing invoices with parts would not export successfully. This issue was only applicable to QuickBooks 2008-09 AU version.
• Resolved the Automatic Billing where invoice files were not being deleted when an error was encountered.
• Corrected the issue where parts needed for service tasks were not being maintained properly as parts were being used.
• Resolved the issue where the ‘Included in Contract’ flag was not being applied correctly for Project Orders. This only occurred as parts were being added to a new Sales Order, and not to an existing Sales Order.
• Defaults values have been added for payment type and billing method when using the customer importer. Cash and Print are used respectively.
• Resolved the issue on several standard reports where the error ‘The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find the table or query “ztblST” was generated when the reports were selected to run.
• The ‘STANDARD’ labor and travel rate is now protected from being renamed or deleted. This system rate is required in Miracle Service.
• Resolved the syntax error that was displayed when filtering the Meter Call screen by customer.
• Fixed the issue where reserved parts where not being added to the ‘Inventory Transfer Log’ report.
|Client Update 188.8.131.52/4.3.0 Admin – July 2008|
• Enhanced Miracle Service to allow users to create and manage job estimates. This feature also includes a printout of the parts needed and estimated dollar totals.
• QuickBooks 2008-09 (Australia) is supported for exporting Invoices and Purchase Orders.
• The Bin Location has been added to the ‘Inventory Transfer Review’ report.
• Resolved the issue where an incorrect error message was being logged upon an unsuccessful fax send. The correct error message is now being logged to help troubleshoot the issue.
• Clarified the report descriptions to better understand the differences between the ‘Invoice Salesman Analysis’ report and the ‘Invoice Salesman Analysis (POS only)’ report.
• Resolved the issue of taxes not being automatically applied to a Sales Invoice during the process of converting a Sales Order to an invoice. This problem only occurred when using the ‘Tax By Invoice’ method for calculating taxes in Miracle Service.
• Fixed the interface issue on the Invoice Review screen where record separation lines would disappear in some instances.
• Fixed the issue where you couldn’t modify an inventory item number when it is included in a kit.
• Resolved issue where the focus would shift to other open applications when scrolling through Inventory and Service Equipment records.
|Client Update 184.108.40.206/4.2.0 Admin – June 2008|
• Enhanced Miracle Service to include the ability to automatically bill customers based on a preferred billing method. Supported billing methods include: Email, Fax and Print. From the Invoice Review screen selected invoices will be processed based on the BillTo’s defined billing method.
• Added the ability set-up the report e-mail utility to include a direct e-mail to the SMTP server. This enables users to e-mail documents directly through an SMTP server and avoid the Microsoft warning message when e-mail through MS Outlook. This simplifies the e-mail process and reduces the number of clicks to e-mail a document. Note: This method is more difficult to audit as the e-mail does not go through your e-mail client.
• Modified all of the standard Miracle Service sales invoices to allow the Serial Number field to grow in height based on the length of the data. This will ensure that the entire serial number will be displayed.
• Resolved the ‘The OpenReport action was canceled’ error that occurred when reports without data were run.
|Client Update 220.127.116.11/4.1.0 Admin – May 2008|
• Added Faulty Parts Management system that enables users to mark parts as faulty as they added to a task. Faulty parts are linked to a Warehouse or Carstock and can be returned to inventory, once they have been tested, or faulty parts can be discarded from the Miracle Service database if they prove to be irreparable.
• Added the ability to assign a Home Warehouse to a technician. Users can then filter by the technician’s home warehouse, as they are adding parts used to a task. An administrative setting was added that allows users to select the default filter method to be used: (1) All Warehouses, (2) Carstock for scheduled technicians and (3) Home Warehouse for scheduled technicians.
• Added a reference field to the Warehouse/Carstock record. This reference field is displayed on the ‘Inventory Detail List by Warehouse 2′ report.
• Added a new report called ‘Technician Activity – Details #3′ that is a duplicate of the ‘Technician Activity – Details’ report, however, it includes the Task number. The ‘Previous Rep’ column was removed.
• Included invoice comments in the Adagio accounting exporter link for all invoice types.
• Created new standard invoice formats that are compatible with standard #9 window envelopes. The new formats include a version for the Sales Invoice, Service Billing Invoice, Period Billing Invoice, Sales Order and Service Contract. Please see Technical Note TN 3110 for additional details.
• Added a new report called ‘Parts Used by Service Equipment Model’. The report provides a summary of the parts used for each different Model Class/Model Number combination of Service Equipment defined in the database. Users are able to apply a filter on Model Class / Model Number combination.
• Resolved the issue where taxes were not automatically calculated as the Period Billing and Service Billing invoices were generated though the batch billing screens. This issue only affected customers using the ‘Tax by Invoice’ method for calculating taxes.
• Resolved the issue with the QB SDK whereas the billing address always used the Customer ID, even when the preference was set to use the Customer Name.
• Modified the QB SDK to use the defined suspense account when exporting items without descriptions.
• Resolved the ‘intTaxGroupTypeID’ null error received when attempting to create two tasks consecutively.
• Modified the standard service contract reports to base the company address on the format set for invoices.
• Removed the automatic logging that occurred during application startup. Logging now occurs at the users setting level.
• Resolved the issue with the report called ‘Technician Activity – Details #2′ where the filter was not properly applied to the task completed date.
• Resolved the ‘Invalid Use of Null’ or ‘This is not a known error’ when attempting to generate the Service Billing Review report with records that have null dates.
• Resolved the issue where invoices and/or purchase orders were being exported when using the ‘Select All’ button and the transaction-type filter. Transactions were being exported even though they were not selected to be exported.
|Client Update 18.104.22.168/4.0.0 Admin – Feb 2008|
• Migrated Miracle Service Client and Administration application to the MS Access 2003 Runtime.
• Implemented Verisign Signing Certification for coding validation.
• Added a new report called ‘Technician Activity – Details #2′ that displays a summary of technician activity that is filtered by the task-completed date
• Miracle Service now exports customer, supplier, inventory and invoice transactions to the latest release of the BusinessVision accounting package.
• Modified the hard-coded UOM identifier for the AdagioOE export link from “Each” to “EA”..
• Modified the tax identifier switch values to be 0=non-taxable, 1=taxable.
• Resolved the “Can’t lock the control that has the focus” error when deselecting a document record to be exported. This error only occurred when one record was selected.
• Resolved the “Invalid Use of Null” error when attempting to send manual email notifications for Service Equipment without a specified meter location.
• Replaced the ambiguous OnClick event error message when trying to VOID an invoice out of sequence to a user-friendlier message that describes the issue at hand.
• There is an issue in the Access 2003 Runtime that affects how printer settings are handled when printing reports. In the Access 2003 Runtime, there is a problem in how the document retains any modified printer settings. In the previous version, the application would retain any new printer settings so when you printed the document you would not need to modify the printer setting each time. In the Access 2003 Runtime this function is not working correctly so any settings that are modified are not saved. This problem will impact users that change their paper trays or paper sizes regularly when printing reports or standard documents such as Invoices and Service Task Tickets. It is not an issue for printing to your default printer using standard US Letter size paper. Microsoft has stated that this issue will be resolved in the next major release of their Office applications. We are working with Microsoft to determine if there are other methods we can implement to resolve this issue sooner.
If you anticipate that this will be an issue for you, we recommend that you contact Technical Support prior to implementing version 4.0. They can discuss a work around with an Access 2000 Runtime implementation.
|Client Update 22.214.171.124/3.8.3 Admin – Nov 2007|
• Added the ability to export Purchase Orders for QuickBooks Canadian Premier 2006.
• Added a new standard Sales Order report type to allow users to print Customer Quotes.
• Set the expiry date to “Monthly Support Plan” when the expiry date is 12/12/12. Also does not display the expiry warning screen.
• Added a new standard Task Ticket report to accommodate 6 meter-readings.
• Enhanced the logging details for attempting to email a meter due notification to a customer for an expired contract. The new log entry clarifies that the customer should be contacted for the meter reading and that the application will not send an email.
• The Inventory Transfer screen now sorts the “Move From” and “Move To” lists alphabetically.
• Added a button to allow users that use the QuickBooks SDK to browse to a QuickBooks company file when Intuit’s QBFinder component is not properly installed.
• Added the line description to the Canadian QuickBooks 2006 Premier Edition link.
• Resolved a rounding issue when calaulating Tax by Purchase Order.
• Sorted the distribution lines of the Canadian QuickBooks 2006 Premier Edition link to ensure that taxes appear last
• Resolved the issue where you couldn’t create a task from an open request if there were other billed tasks.
• Resolved the “Invalid Use of Null” error that occurred when trying to convert a Sales Order to a Sales Invoice with serialized parts.
• Resolved the Simply Accounting invoice refundable flag issue.
• Resolved the issue where exporting a Service Billing invoice, with parts used, caused an incorrect line distribution when exporting the invoice. This problem only occurred for the “QuickBooks 2006 (Can Premier)” link.
• Resolved the issue where a new Task could not be added to an open Request if there were billed Tasks on the Request.
• Expenses accrued on Service Billing invoices are now included in the Purge Invoice functionality.
• The functionality of attaching Service Equipment and/or Service Equipment Contracts to a Sales Order and Sales Invoice has been revamped to sort out records that do not belong to the specified ShipTo location.
|Client Update 126.96.36.199/3.7.1 Admin – Sep 2007|
• Miracle Service now offers the functionality to track payments. This feature gives the user the ability to use Miracle Service to track payments. There is no accounting integration with this feature.
• Improved the existing Inventory Kits feature to be able to add kits to a Sales Order and Sales Invoice. The selected kits are also carried over to a Service Request from Project Sales Orders.
• The Service Request Type is now a selectable field when creating Project Sales Orders.
• Sales Orders have been improved to include Terms and Conditions on a printed report that are defined in Miracle Service Administration.
• A new check is performed prior to upgrading to a new Miracle Service version that will notify the user if there are other users logged into Miracle Service.
• The Purge feature has been improved by adding the ability to purge old inventory items. Purged inventory items will be removed from the database and all table references will be linked to a new system inventory item “ZPurgedItem’. This system item cannot be purged or deleted.
• Enhanced the Purchase Order module to allow users to modify the Ship To location to support drop-ship orders.
• Created a new Accounting Exporter link using the Adagio Order Entry specification.
• Added a ‘Refresh’ button to the Outstanding Task screen that enables users to refresh the screen without closing and reopening.
• Increased the viewing size of the Customer drop down list on the Quick Call screen.
• Added the ability to view Customer and Service Equipment history from the Quick Call screen.
• Enhanced the Activity screen (from the Outstanding Task screen) to display more task information, eliminating the need to navigate to other screens.
• Added Terms and Conditions to the standard Sales Orders
• Sorted the ‘Daily Invoice Details’ reports by Invoice Date and Invoice Number.
• Generalized the email setup in admin to attempt to separate email client from report setup
• Modified the ‘Daily Invoice Details’ report to sort by Invoice Date and Invoice Number.
• Resolved the ‘No current record’ error when attempting to send an automatic meter reading notification email when no reading was required.
• Modified a property setting that forces the user’s selection to limit the data to the list provided when selecting a customized view in the Outstanding Task screen.
• Sorted the Meter Readings history list (when viewed from the Service Task screen) by Reading Date.
• The Service Task’s Special Instructions form control has been modified to display greater than 255 characters.
• Resolved a Table Maintenance issue of resetting next numbers when there are no Invoice, Purchase Order or Sales Order records in the database.
• Reset the focus to the Search controls when loading the Service Billing invoice screen.
• Fixed error when sending meter due notifications using Outlook Express .
• Modified data type that caused Overflow error for some users.
|Client Update 3.6.1/3.6.1 Admin – June 2007|
• Miracle Service now offers the functionality to consolidate multiple Service Billing invoices.
• Added the ability to print labels for all parts attached to a Sales Order.
• User-defined fields are now available for service tasks with the option to print the user-defined fields on the standard Miracle Service task tickets.
• Users are now able to define and include ‘Special Instructions’ for their technicians to be displayed on a task.
• Incorporated the functionality of inventory kits on service tasks. This feature is intended to capture the parts needed, grouped within a kit, on a service task. When adding a kit to a service task, the kit’s inventory list items are not automatically pulled from inventory. The user is required to add the parts to the service task as parts used, thus removing the parts from inventory. The kit’s inventory items are printed on the task ticket.
• Users are now able to add parts needed on a service task from the Quick Call screen.
• You can now track your technician’s mileage per service task with the option to calculate mileage costs and revenues as expense items.
• A new type of Sales Orders is available for project management. ‘Project Orders’ allows the user to convert a Sales Order to a Service Request while maintaining a link for profitability purposes. Project Orders also allow the users to define a payment schedule and to receive a deposit.
• Added the ability to search by ‘Company Name’ on all Invoices and the Service Request maintenance screen.
• Added the ability to search for a customer by the ‘Address1′ data field when creating a new Service Request.
• All Miracle Service’s standard task tickets now print completed information once the service task is closed. Information includes parts used, user-defined labels and work performed.
• The service task’s requester phone number is now available as an option when formatting SMS data messages. As well, a new ‘Save and Send’ button is available for sending SMS messages right from the Quick Call screen.
• Inventory transfers are now tracked by user and transfer date. A report has been created for displaying the transfer details.
• Enhanced the description of all ‘Service Equipment By…’ reports to include that only active service equipment are included on the report.
• Enhanced the exporting capabilities to include a Simply Accounting export for Purchase Orders.
• Added the ability to export expenses listed on a service invoice to ‘Simply Accounting 2005 & 2006′ link.
• Updated all exporting package lists (Customers, Inventory, Suppliers and Accounting). This will ensure all outdated packages are not displayed which minimizes confusion.
• Created a new link for the current Australian version of QuickBooks labeled ‘QuickBooks 2007 (AU) (By Company Name)’.
• Sorted the Ship-To list on the Purchase Order maintenance screens alphabetically.
• Resolved the issue of page numbers out of sequence when printing multiple pages of a service contract.
• When sending meter due notification emails, the subject line includes the company name rather than ‘Miracle Service’.
• Removed the noticeable white space on the printed purchase order.
• A warning message is displayed when closing a task if the quantity of a part used on the service task remains at zero.
• The Invoice Review screen now sorts by Invoice Number. Prior to sorting by invoice number, it appeared that valid invoices were missing from the list.
• Improved time of printing Service Billing invoices.
• Resolved the error encountered when attempting to send a SMS message to technicians.
• All assigned technicians are now printed on Miracle Service’s standard task tickets.
• The inventory part’s suggested price is now defaulted in for the ‘Average Price per Unit’ when selecting parts on a Sales Order.
• Resolved the issue of calculating taxes by subtotal. This was a problem when taxes were set to be calculated by subtotal, not by line item.
• Modified the data column caption on the ‘Service Equipment Contract’ report to say ‘Value’ instead of ‘Equip. Value’.
• Modified the customer information on the ‘Service Equipment Contract By Customer with Equipment’ report to show the contract’s customer information, rather than the equipment’s customer information.
• Corrected the maximum logo size dimensions that were listed in the administration application.
|Client Update 3.5.0/3.5.0 Admin – February 2007|
• Added new functionality to capture travel and other definable expenses on service calls. Note: the new Expense fields are included on invoices; however, they are NOT included in any Accounting Exporter. If you plan to use the Expense feature, this data will not export automatically to your accounting package. Please contact Miracle Service Technical Support for more details.
• Integrated Miracle Service with QuickBooks (US) so that invoices, purchase order, customer, vendor, inventory items can be exported into the Quickbooks (US) database directly. It will export the related payment terms, tax group, customer type, vendor type, and sales persons along with customer or vendor information into Quickbooks database. It payment terms, tax groups, customer types, vendor types, sales persons do not exist in Quickbooks database, it will add them during export customer or vendor process. If the related accounts do not exist, it will add the related accounts into QuickBooks directly from Miracle service based on the account information configured in the Miracle Service Administration/Export/Account when exporting invoices or Purchased orders.
• Added a new report “Requester List”, which lists all the requesters and company information.
• Added a new report “Outstanding Service Tasks by Technicians #3″, which display all outstanding tasks grouped by the technician, each technician per page. The report includes the Requester’s name and phone numbers.?
• New accounting link for MYOB v16 (AU), which increased maximum characters for account to 6 characters and 10 characters for date fields.
• Added a feature in the Miracle Service Administration and Client to allow customer to use his/her own logo file for all miracle service default reports. This feature is available from Main Administration > 1. Company Information > General Preferences. Note that the logo file should be stored in a common directory available to all workstations to ensure logo is imported into default reports properly.
• Added the following information to the exported invoice (QuickBooks, US version): the task information (task number, service date, requester) to the customer message box (service billing invoice). Added the work completed information to the memo field (service billing invoice). Added the contact name in the billing address field (all invoices).
• Add BillTo ID to the Service Task maintenance screen.
• Resolved the issue where the equipment list did not display the secondary equipments when attaching equipment(s) to the sales invoice.
• Modified the inventory reconciliation query to improve the speed performance of the feature. This also corrected the problem which caused the deleted serialized item to get added back.
• Changed the report queries for “Service Equipment By Model Class” , “Service Equipment By Region” and “Service Equipment By Zipcode” to fix the problem that caused some equipments filtered out in the report.
• Modified the report “Service Equipment By Contract Type” to include the secondary equipments.
• Resolved the issue that caused “The Export files must have a unique file names” error message when setting up export file names.
• Modified the screen of “Period Billing Options” of Miracle Service Administration to display “Emailing Frequency” controls properly.
• Modified the report query for “Technician Detail Activities” to exclude the holiday and weekend hours when calculating response time
• The default Purchase Order Reports were formatted differently to support the new logo import utility. The PO Line Item detail area appears separate from the Date/Terms information box. This was a side effect of creating the area needed to support the logo import form. It is a minor visual issue and does not affect the general operation of the application or purchase order process. If you are concerned that this will affect your operations, it is recommended that you do not install this update. We are expecting to modify this in the next update so the PO more closely resembles the original format.
• The relationship for the SMS module was not correctly linked in this version. Consequently you are not able to send SMS messages with the version. The problem has been noted and will be corrected in release 3.6.0.
• The maximum image size for the new logo feature should be 220 x 67 pixels or 2.986 x 0.931 inches or 7.58 cm x 2.36 cm and not what is currently displayed. This caption will be corrected in 3.6.0
|Client Update 3.4.0/ 3.4.0 Admin – August 2006|
• Integrated new module” Visual Schedule” with Miracle Service Client. The module gives a visual view of technician task activities for the administrators. It also provides settings for the view range, color and shape schema for the view.
• Added a “Status” field to the service outstanding task table. The Miracle Service will display the task status in the Service Outstanding task screen to indicate if the task is UNASSIGNED, ASSIGNED, ON-ROUTE, ON-SITE, STARTED, COMPLETED.
• Added “Use blended tax method” option in Miracle Service\Administration\Tax Group screen to allow to use blended tax method for the specified the tax group. If the blended tax method for the tax group is selected. The Miracle Service will use this method to apply the tax for the specify the group regardless the settings in Miracle Service\Administration\Taxes screen.
• Added “Hide the cost per copy” option in Miracle Service\Administration\Billing\Period Billing screen. If the option is checked, the cost per copy information will be not included in the printed Period Billing invoices.
• Provided a new report which will list technician activity details by technician name for all the closed tasks within the specified date range. The details include: Customer name, Equipment ID, Serial Number, Previous technician name, Start time, Finish time, Response time, Travel time, Labour time, Total time for each task. The report will also summarize Number of calls, Average response time, Sum of travel time, Sum of Labour time, sum of total time for each technician.
• Added a export invoice function for QuickBooks 2006 Canadian Premier edition.
• Added a warehouse listing by Warehouse ID report.
• Added “Miracle Service PRO-FORMA” to the “Default Report” (Sales Order Type) on “Options” menu.
• Added the capability to be able to select City and State as part of the Service Outstanding Task View.
• Resolved the issue that caused incorrect “Quantity Selected to Ship” or “Price” amount if the focus is on the unselected warehouse before clicking “OK” button when editing Invoice Line Item.
• Resolved the issue which caused a duplicated line item with $0.00 amount appearing in the Service Billing invoices if the focus is on the unselected warehouse before clicking “OK” button when editing Invoice Line Item.
• Addressed the issue, which Miracle Service can’t move the focus to the control FindNextButton upon trying to search through a field within Service -> Quick Call ->.
• Modified the function to handle SBDiscount NULL value to fix the “#Error” for Total Revenue, Prof/Loss, and Margin in the Equipment Profitability report. Resolved the issue that the report pulled all activity beginning with installation for the total instead of the specified the date range.
• Addressed the issue, where the Blended tax method was not working properly on Sale Order Detail screen.
• Resolved the issue of Receiving PO failed because of the length of serial number (more than 25).
• Resolved the issue that the Other Charge amount is incorrect in the Sales Invoice Detail section when the line item ID for a serialized item is the same as line item ID of Other charge Line item.
• Addressed the issue exiting without warning when click “User screen” or “Requestor” button during adding customer process.
• Changed the date field size for the date truncated issue in Service History or Service History Detail reports.
• Resolved the Receiving PO failing issue when saving supplier invoice number because of the length of supplier invoice number is too long (more than 30).
• Modified “Inventory Parts List Below Minimum stock levels” and “Inventory Parts List Below Minimum stock levels by Warehouse” report queries. The reports will include the item if the minimum is 0. The report description has been changed to ” Inventory Parts List At and Below Minimum stock levels” and “Inventory Parts List At and Below Minimum stock levels by Warehouse” accordingly.
• Enhanced the description of the report for “Repeated Sales to Same Customer”.
• Technician Activity Report query used start and end time to calculate “Travel” or “Labour” Time. In this release, “Technician Activity” report query will display the “Travel” or “Labour” time based on actual hours spend on travel or labour.
• Removed the checking for the RescheduledTaskTypeID from Checking Parts Needed For Task Closing function so that ‘parts needed’ request will be removed regardless RescheduledTaskTypeID for the specified task.
• Addressed the issue in the windows installer script which caused “Send To Excel” and “Send To Text” menu items disabled.
|Client Update 3.3.1/ 3.3.1 Admin – July 2006|
• Added new functions to support exporting invoices to a file, which can be used to import to “Adagio Receivable”.
• Added “Contact” information to “Service Equipment By Region” report.
• After renew a contract, which has multiple consolidated meters or non consolidated meters with consolidated meters attached to it. The previous version of Miracle Service copied incorrect consolidated meter IDs to the table, which caused calculating non consolidate meter usages twice for meter billing amount in the Period billing invoice, and only non consolidated meter amount displayed in “Profitability” screen for that contract, and the last consolidate consolidate meter ID assigned to all consolidated meters in “Service Equipment Meter Info” screen. This release has resolved the this issue.
• Resolved the issue of “Miracle Service can’t find the form ‘frmPeriodBilling’ refered to in a macro expression or Visaul Basic code” when sending email meter due notification through task scheduler if a contract has consolidated meters attach to it.
• When using QuickBooks 2002(Can)(By Comp ID), or QuickBooks 2002(Can)(By Comp Name), or QuickBooks 2002(U.S.)(By Company ID), or QuickBooks 2002(U.S.)(By Company Name) accounting links in Miracle Service Administration, exported invoices or purchase orders are out of sequences sometimes, esp. with a lot of entries. This issue has been resolved with this release for above accounting links.
• Corrected the Invoice Address Field Name in Miracle Service Administration\Billing Information\Invoice Setup\Invoice Address Setup screen.
• Resolve issue which caused e-mail meter due related controls not showing properly during the customer web modules validation process.
• Adjusted the controls alignment in Period Billing and Service Equipment Contract screen.
• Re-formatted lines in Service Call Task Ticket and Sales Invoice.
|Client Update 3.3.0/ 3.3.0 Admin – June 2006|
• New customer web portal module now is available for purchase, the customers can open/view jobs, update meter readings, and view or submit orders online. The Miracle Service provides the functionality of emailing meter due information to the users who has a customer web portal module. The functionality of e-mailing meter due information can be triggered manually or be scheduled through Windows task scheduler. The e-mail, which contains contract ID, the equipment and meter information with the link to the customer web portal “Update meter Readings” page will be sent to the customer before the meters due. The configurable logging information will provide the detailed status along with other contract information for the functionality of e-mailing meter due information.
• Miracle Service converted old Installation script to MSI installation script. It supports “All Users” install option. It does not require a reboot during installation. It does not require the user to be in Power User group to run Miracle service after installation.
• The Parts Importer has been modified to provide ability to import the parts into different warehouse with the quantity in stock information.
• A few custom reports have been implemented. It includes “Inventory Re-Oder and Usage Levels” report, which can be grouped by Suppliers.
• A menu item “Quick Call” has been added to “Options” menu in Miracle Service. It gives the customers a shortcut to access to “Quick Call” window easily.
• A new option “Print mailing label for the active customers only” has been included within this release, customers can print mailing labels for the active customer only.
• New accounting links for Simply Accounting have been created. They will enable administration to export sales invoices to the files so that customers can import them into Simply Accounting 2004, 2005, 2006.
• The penny off issue has been resolved with this release.
• Phone and Fax search with * not working properly in previous version, this issue has been addressed in this release.
• In the upgrader, added default international Alignment Factor if user deleted the value from database. Application will also set to default value to 2 if user is trying to delete the value in the database.
• The vendor’s invoice number now is included in the export file for “Peachtree 2004″ accounting link.
• Incorrect current reading date for the consolidated meters on period billing invoice has been addressed.
• Resolved “Unknown error” for “PO Daily Receipts” report.
• Addressed the date format conflict issue for MYOB accounting package links.
• Resolved the issue which caused setting web password for the Technician failure at the first time.
• Modified the Contract Profitability Report description to “Only Miracle Service generated invoice”.
• Added the validation process to make sure the default value will be used when user try to delete report from Custom Report selection screen. The validation logic has been also added to the upgrader to ensure no null value is in the database.
• In previous versions, the PO field (Customer Order No.) on Invoices and Sales Orders can hold 20 characters. When displayed on the printed Invoice, only 18 characters are visible. The first and last characters are left off. The report PO fields on Invoices and Sales Orders have been changed to hold 20 characters.
• Modified Message Title “Check Writer” to “Void Invoice” when voiding invoices.
• Modified “Service Task Parts Needed Report” to display “Service Task Number” instead of “Service Task ID”.
• The typo in the description of the Inventory Gross Margin Report has been fixed.
• Improved Period Billing Performance Appearance by adding 2 blocks for each task behind.
• Resolved the problem which printed wrong model number in Service Equipment Profitability report.
• In previous releases, the reconcile date has overwritten the receive date during PO reconciliation process. The issues has been resolved in this release.
• Addressed “Syntax Error” when both update options selected in Parts Importer if the import data such cost or retail contains null value.
• Resolve permissions issue which caused when the regular users, who don’t have administrative right, launch Miracle Service.
|Client Update 3.2.2/ 3.2.2 Admin – Mar 2006|
• Added “Print by Contract ID” option for Period Billing Meter Call Sheet Report.
• Added “Technician Summary 3″ report. It summarizes the number of calls, labor and travel hours, labor and travel dollars as well as average labor hours and labor charge by task end date.
• Resolved “Write conflict” error after changing Tech Info (Labour Time) and returning back to Task maintenance window.
• Correct SMS terminology from “paging module” to “SMS Module” when clicking on Send in the tech messaging area if you don’t have the SMS module the permission.
• Modified the query so that all inventory Inventory Detail reports — Inventory Detail List by Category, Inventory Detail List By Model Class, Inventory Detail List by Model Class 2, and Inventory Detail List by Warehouse ID will include all sales orders which are not void.
• Added the ability to prevent delete “Default Tech” in Miracle Service Administration and restrict modification (Not allowed to change Default Tech ID or Name) for “Default Tech”.
• Addressed duplicate entries issue for the Service Contract Profitability.
• Changed the comment box in Sales Order to a box with 8 lines fixed size to prevent it from growing. This ensures the total amount will always show up properly.
• Improved the validation process on clicking Exit or X button while adding a supplier.
• Resolved the sales invoice focus issue when printing the customer sales invoice with the Print Preview mode on. Addressed report focus issue when printing non-default P.O., Period Billing Meter Call report, and Service Billing Preview report.
• Resolved the logical error in argument parser for Service Task Technician Detail screen.
|Client Update 3.2.1/ 3.2.1 Admin – Dec 2005|
• Added the ability to search for an inventory item which has been superseded, and bring up the current item.
• Solved the issue which caused contract is not showing when editing the task and then saving that task without contract attached.
• Resolved the issue which caused incorrect value for “contract metered” in Service Contract by Customer with Equipment report.
• Resolved the problem that caused the range selection not working properly for all Service Contracts reports.
• Addressed the issue which caused “Select All” not working properly when you have “Select Date Range” checked in Purge POs screen.
• Resolved the problem which caused an error message displayed when exporting document with sybiz.
• Added a validation function for “User Screen” to restrict column name based on the MS Access requirement.
• Solved the problem that caused export not working because of date format for some accounting packages.
• Resolved the exporting document (MYOB GST) error because of no entry in the tblInvoiceLineItemDetail.
• Resolved the “Invalid Use of Null” error when clicking on yellow plus next to Service Equipment and proceeding to add a new SE after returning to the Task edit screen.
|Client Update 3.2.0/ 3.2.0 Admin – Dec 2005|
• Miracle Service has enhanced email functionality. It now has the ability to send an e-mail to multiple e-mail accounts based on the user choice(s). Once the user selects “e-mail” submenu during the printing process, the Email List Account Dialog will pop up and list all the e-mail accounts associated with that specific process. The Invoice/Sale Order can be sent to the Bill To Customer e-mail account and Ship To Customer e-mail account. Purchase Orders can be sent to a Main Warehouse e-mail account and Supplier e-mail account. The Service Contract can be sent to the BillTo customer account Service Tasks can be sent to the Technician e-mail account and the Customer e-mail account. Once the e-mail accounts is listed on the screen, the user then can select the e-mail account(s) and the message will be sent to the selected e-mail account(s) accordingly. Also, in this release, the picking slip can be sent to the warehouse e-mail account(s).
• Parts needed table maintenance function has been included in this release. When a user closes a task, if there are parts in the parts needed tale, a message will prompt the user to enter the parts needed for this task to move the part fromt he part needed to the part used table before closing the task. A Parts Needed report has also been added so customers can trace the parts needed inventory easily. This ensure the customer is aware of all parts needed to complete jobs.
• Technician Web Portal User Names and Passwords were added to Miracle Service Administration. This provides the Technician the login information use for the web portal module. This feature is set in the Service Preference -> Technician screen. It will allow the administrator to add a web login name and add or change the password for the specified technician. Once the web login information has been added. The technician can use it to log in to our new web module.
• In the Miracle Service Report Module, the Outstanding Tasks by Technician #2 report has been added. This report will print the Outstanding Task Information per technician per page.
• Added the quantity on hand of inventory item into the exported file for Peachtree Complete Accounting 2004.
• Added the ability to sort the special prices in “Special Pricing Information” screen in the Customer Maintenance area.
• New data import wizard utilities have been implemented in this latest release. These utilities allow administrators to load customer, supplier and service equipment data from a spreadsheet into the Miracle Service database. For more information regarding how to use the import tools, please reference the Technical Note #3700, 3701, and 3702 on our web site.
• Machine Sales Profitability by Rep Report will now be formatted properly and the Invoice Number field shows the correct invoice number instead of invoice date.
• The Service History by Tech Report has been modified. It shows the request created time instead of task start time.
• The Quick Call Service equipment drop down has been adjusted to accommodate lower screen resolutions.
• Resolved an issue with an Access Error message popping up if a wheel mouse move very fast.
• Resolved the problem, which caused “This is unknown error.” message when using the VCR buttons to do a search in the OutstandingTask->activityPartUsed, or ServiceRequest-> Edit-Tasks->Edit->Parts or Admin Price group screen.
• Accounting Export for Peachtree Complete 2004 (Sales Journal) will now sort lines properly.
• If the setting is configured as “Print Preview”, the customer will be able to view newly created contracts instead of printing it directly.
• Resolved the PM’s appearing difference on a Contract between View Mode and Edit Mode.
• Fixed the problem of resetting next number for Table Maintenance incorrectly.
• Service Preferences -> Call Preferences > Reschedule Types window will now be scaled properly so the Sort field is visible in the main view.
• Modified the error message, which specified wrong menu path when there is no tax default group, from “Admin/Accounting/Preference” to “Admin/Customer & Suppliers/Default.
• We have resolved an issue which cause the Item Number to be editable when doing search with VCR button. The item number or other fields became editable without clicking “Edit” button. Subsequent item numbers or all other changes are accepted.
• Resolved the incorrect service zone information displayed in Technician Activity screen. If the technician is in the Zone. “In Zone?” field will now display “yes”.
• Resolved the error, which caused error message “No Current Record” displayed when voiding invoice.
• Resolved the issue that users are still able to click “Schedule” and “Activity” button to do editing even though users have the View permission only.
• Added validation function to disallow user to remove the default date value in the Invoice Date field when creating new Sale Invoices for a new line item.
• Resolved the error of “The object rptInvoice isn’t open” when creating Sales Invoice with the serialized item, or printing newly created contract, or closing invoice print preview.
• Updated phone numbers in the support expiry message.
• Resolved the issue when creating new Sales Invoices which caused a message “Object variable or With block variable not set” when creating new line items.
• Set the default to “Company Name” when using binocular search on Request/QuickCall screen.
• Resolved the issue that caused marking tax rate to yes in the exported file even when there is no tax rate applied to the “other charge” on an invoice.
• Resolved an issue with the User Defined Fields where adding a column name with quote(s) is creates an error. A validation function has been added to validate the column name to avoid column name with single or double quotes in the user screen.
• Liability Calculation for the Monthly Liability Report will now calculated based on the Contract Billing Interval instead of hardcode monthly value.
• Resolved the problem when the use could not select a file with Browse button in the Account Export function in Miracle Administration->Exporting.
• Resolved the issue that allows adding inventory without clicking on Save.
• Resolved the problem when clicking “Cancel” without clearing the fields during adding new inventory item process.
• The Equipment Profitability Report will now correctly calculate the profitability the service equipment. Previously, totals for each piece of equipment was only calculated for the first ServiceBilling. Totals for Equipment Profitability Report with multiple service billings was incorrectly calculated. This issue has been resolved in this release.
• Resolved the issue that caused Overflow message from calculating overtime for outstanding task when exiting from “Technician Activity” screen.
• Selecting “Contract Profitability” Report will display the report instead of “No record found” message.
• The “Create time” and “Schedule Time” fields for “Rescheduled Task Details” are rescaled so that users will have full view for these two fields.
• Typo “diferent” in message when selecting the same warehouse to move from and to (Inventory Transfer) has been corrected. Typo “servive” in tblSecurityForm has changed to “service”.
• The error number 25004 “Can activate this customer, it’s Bill-To is inactive” and error number 25141 “you cannot change the quantity the customer ordered on a back ordered invoice.” have been modified to “Cannot activate this customer, it’s Bill-To is inactive” and “You cannot change the quantity ordered on a Back Ordered PO as it would conflict with the original Order.” accordingly.
• Resolved the issue, which caused the message: “Unable to locate the PDF Writer ‘Adobe PDF’ as specified. Verify the name with your list of available printers and modify the settings in the Miracle Service Administration application” during e-mail process when using PDF e-mail setting.
• Added the default Tax Group ID for sample DB for City Public Lib.
• Resolved the issue that “Schedule time” in Outstanding task was not updated after Rescheduling task.
• Resolved the problem, which caused the message ‘The text you entered isn’t an item in the list’ appears when trying to add a new Model Number ‘on the fly’ from New Service Equipment data Entry.
• Removed the Tab stop for “Description” field in Service Equipment Contact.
• Fixed the incorrect query for the service equipment contract, which is used to reset contracts in the Combo Box of the Service Task Detail screen.
• Resolved the issue that caused “Invalid use of null” from service request when switching from an equipment with contract attached to it to an equipment with no contract attached to it in “Task Edit” screen.
• Resolved the problem that the bin location is incorrect for the Inventory detail list by category report.
• Typo in the Inventory Detail reports “Alocate” has been changed to “Allocate” .
• Deleting tblLabourRate default values causes service billing error “Invalid use of Null”. The validation has been added to avoid blanking the required fields. The validation also has been added to the upgrade process so it will add the default values to this table if the existing customer has deleted the default settings.
• Aging Date Calendar for Service Billing will now be consistent with Aging Date Calendar for Period Billing and Caption for Service Billing is incorrect.
• Resolved the issue that caused “unknown error” message when printing contract which have meter(s) attached to it (including the renewed contract with meter(s) attached) in windows 98 operating system.
• Resolved the problem, which caused the error message “Invalid use of null” to be displayed when using the Accounting export. This occurred when some fields for the export data were not in the database, such as when the strDescription value does not exist in tblPOLineItem tax.
• Added the validation process to prevent user to delete default values in Model Class/Number Maintenance screen. The validation also has been added to the upgrade process so it will add the default values to this table if the existing customer has deleted the default settings.
• Modified the Contract Profitability function so that the Contract billing information for the contract, which is created before using Miracle service, will show the correct billing amount.
• Resolved the issue for PO, SO, Invoice Next Numbering when Date Sequence #2 is set in Miracle Service Administration while the next number is still using Date Sequence format.
• Resolve the problem that caused the message “The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find the input table or query ‘ztblDeleteInvoice3′. Make sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly.” while selecting “Show for a Date Range” in Purge Pos screen.
• Added maintenance function in upgrade process to fix the dblAmount for the renewed contract, which has incorrect amount in it. The profitability report will then contain correct billing amount for these renewed contract.
• Resolve the problem that caused saving uncompleted information by click “Exit” button when adding customer, supplier, service equipment, contract and model class.
• Resolve the tax amount difference between the Sales Order and the Invoice after converting a sales order to an invoice.
• Resolved the issue that tax was not calculated for the new line item in the invoice when editing an invoice by adding a new line item to an existing invoice. This also resolved the problem that tax information is not correct when editing an invoice by adding a new line item to existing invoice and then click “Tax” button for the new item in “Editing Invoice’s Line Items screen”.
|Client Update 3.1.1/ 3.1.0 Admin – 24 June 2005|
• Miracle Service now offers the ability to email invoices, purchase orders, sales orders, service equipment contracts and tasks to associated customers or suppliers. For more information please reference technical note #3422 from our website.
• When generating sales invoices (POS or text), Miracle Service will now automatically link the customer’s designated salesperson.
• The Parts Importer has been revamped to allow more flexibility. Warehouse ID has been added to the import specification to allow the proper allocation of parts within Miracle Service. Users are also able to update an item’s description, cost and retail price. For more information please reference technical note #2423 from our website.
• The “General” inventory data export has been modified to include the item’s quantity in stock value.
• Now included in our ‘Table Maintenance’ utility is the ability to check for problem purchase orders. Purchase Orders that contain line items with blank descriptions often cause problems when these items are received. The Purchase Order table maintenance will replace blank descriptions with ‘Unknown Description’ to alleviate these problems.
• The Inventory table maintenance will also replace blank descriptions with ‘Unknown Description’ to alleviate any future problems. The item description is now a required field.
• The Main warehouse summary panel now displays the bin location.
• A serialized item’s status (Trial, Rental, Loan, In Stock) now appears when selecting items on invoices and sales orders. When selecting a serialized item with status of trial/rental/loan a warning message appears detailing the linked customer name when attempting to sell that part to another customer.
• Resolved the “The command or action SaveRecord is not available” error in the Preventative Maintenance screen when selecting records.
• The Invoice Review screen now displays the Task ID for Service Billing invoices.
• Rescheduled tasks are prominently visible by the implementation of a new warning light labeled ‘Has Been Rescheduled’.
• A customer filter range has been added to reports titled ‘Service History Details by Customer #3’ and ‘Service History Details by Customer #4’.
• To maintain data integrity, a check has been implemented that will prevent a task that has been rescheduled from being deleted prior to deleting the newly created rescheduled task.
• As part of our maintenance process, the list of supported accounting packages has been modified to include only the latest versions of the corresponding software. If your accounting package is no longer available, please contact our technical support team to reactivate your package.
• The list of service equipment contract accessories will now appear in order (as they appear on screen) on all Miracle Service standard contracts.
• The report titled ‘Customer Envelope 2’ has been modified to remove the unnecessary spaces between address lines.
• The serialized inventory screens have been adjusted to accommodate lower screen resolutions.
• The ‘Export Account Totals’ report has been modified to increase performance.
• The contract end date is now a locked field when editing a service equipment contract with a ‘Special’ contract term. The service equipment contract must be flagged as deactivated in order to modify this field.
• The aging date on the service equipment contract profitability screen is now set to the contract start date.
• An error in retail price calculation occurred when resetting a customer’s pricing information from ‘Quantity Pricing’ to ‘Price Groups’.
• Deleting a car stock did not refresh the screen controls properly, thus concealing certain warehouse information.
• Resolved the error ‘OpenForm Action was Canceled’ when attempting to gain access to certain screens without having the proper permissions.
• A customer’s service billing default settings are applied when creating new service equipment, as opposed to the company’s general settings.
• A check for special characters has been added when adding a new contract template to prevent any future errors.
• The Other Charges detailed on invoices and purchase orders maintain sort order when printing a hard copy of the report using standard Miracle Service reports.
• Resolved the ‘Invalid Use of Null’ error when reconciling a purchase order with one or more items with zero quantity in stock.
• Enhanced sales order quantity in stock verifications when automatically pulling inventory from MAIN warehouse. Also, incorporated the ability to select specific serialized items when converting a sales order to an invoice, rather than randomly selecting a serial number.
• Creating a metered model class now requires a valid meter name. The required field is to prevent a potential error when creating metered service equipment.
• The sales invoice module has been modified to increase speed issues when adding line items to an invoice.
• The accounting link titled ‘Peachtree Complete 2004 (Sales Journal)’ has been enhanced to rectify the issue of unordered line items in the exported file.
• Resolved the issue that users are still able to click “Schedule” and “Activity” to do editing even users have View permission.
|Client Update 3.0.10/ 3.0.6 Admin – 12 November 2004|
• The Service Billing Review screen has been revamped, improving invoice creation time.
• Renewing a consolidated contract retains the original consolidated meter settings.
• Added two new standard service reports: ‘Service Equipment Warranties – Not Expired’ and ‘Service Equipment Warranties – Expired’.
• The ability to search for customers using the keyboard has been restored.
• When attaching a meter to a service contract, a warning message will appear only once when the meter is currently on another service contract.
• Resolved several focus errors throughout Miracle Service Client.
• Resolved the “Miracle Service can’t move the focus to PrintAll” error when opening the Invoice Print Review screen, when there are no invoices to be printed.
• Customer and Supplier mailing lists now filters out inactive customers/suppliers.
• Resolved the “The command or action SaveRecord is not available” error in the Preventative Maintenance screen when selecting records.
• Refined the contract and equipment profitability reports.
• Resolved an issue with Miracle Service’s default contracts where the signature line printed on each page.
• Removed the “Administration” main menu option in Miracle Service Client. The feature to clear the error log is now available in the “Options” toolbar menu.
• Resolved the issue of receiving a message stating that there is not enough parts in inventory (when there is) when a sales order is converted to an invoice.
• Modified the warning message for deactivating a billed contract to be more specific of the consequences of continuing with the action.
• Modified Miracle Service’s default contracts to display the BillTo of the contract. At times the customer’s BillTo overwrote the one specified on the contract.
• Included a filter for zero dollar invoices and purchase orders when exporting.
• Resolved the “Invalid Use of Null” error when attempting to export or print the accounting report, when one or more accounts are not setup.
• The support expiry date is now visible in the Help About screen.
• Resolved the macro error when zooming to an inventory item from various screens.
|Client Update 3.0.9 – 24 August 2004|
• The destination folder for installing the database can now be modified without generating an error.
• The ability to search for service equipment using the keyboard has been restored.
• The Contract Renewal Review screen opens more efficiently.
• Restored the sort property for the service equipment range screen.
|Client Update 3.0.8 – 13 August 2004|
• The ‘Inventory Insurance Valuation’ and ‘Inventory Sales Valuation’ reports have been revamped, decreasing generation time.
• The ‘Service Contract Expiry’ report has been revamped, decreasing generation time.
• Period Billing Review meter billing approval issue has been addressed.
• The ability to search for service contracts using the keyboard has been restored.
• The region filter for various reports was not applied in some cases.
• The inventory importer now accepts a valid parts file.
|MSv3 Release (3.0.7 Client/ 3.0.5 Admin) – August 2004|
• Technician Short Message Service (SMS) – Miracle Service now provides the ability to send valuable task information to virtually any cell phone…for FREE! Most field technicians are equipped with SMS-enabled cell phones that can receive and send text messages allowing customers to easily implement the Technician SMS module to improve data accuracy and time management. Other features of Technician SMS include: • Send task information to all assigned technicians, in one simple process.
• You define what data is sent to your technicians
• Informs your technicians in real time where to go, what to do and when to be there
• Has the ability to send to an unlimited number of technicians.
• Technicians have the ability to update the Miracle Service dispatcher of task progress.
• Ensures data accuracy.
• There is no charge for receiving a SMS message (in most cases).
Please note that the Air Media paging implementation is no longer supported. Existing customers that currently use and wish to continue using the Air Media implementation are advised to refrain from upgrading to MSv3.
• New Technology – Using the latest database technology, MSv3 now runs under Windows 2000 and Windows XP. With newer technology applied MSv3 is now more robust and offers advanced data connectivity features enabling Miracle Service customers to build sophisticated user reports to fit their business needs.
• Reporting Enhancement – A new standard report has been introduced to provide a listing of all non-active, non-cancelled service equipment contracts. This report is grouped and selectable by customer.
• General Improvements – There have been numerous interface modifications to improve the user experience in both Miracle Service and Miracle Service Administration. Initial setup and data maintenance has been simplified by grouping the general lookup screens into one administrative area to increase efficiency. Measures have been implemented to offer a more intuitive application when empty recordsets are encountered, presenting a more professional feel to Miracle Service.
• Exporting the inventory listing using the ‘QuickBooks 2002′ link failed if the revenue accounts for categories used was not properly configured.
• The report module has been modified to include region and zip code when applying a customer range for a number of Miracle Service reports.
• An invalid calculation was used for computing the average clicks per month when generating the ‘Service History Details by Customer’ reports.
• Duplicate service equipment appeared on the Contract Renewal report for consolidated meters.
• Periodically, billing dates on service contracts would appear out of sequence