Never ship too many supplies or parts again!
Have you ever walked into your customer’s office and seen a box of your supplies sitting on their floor unused and not needed? Are you tying up your cash in excess inventory because you cannot quickly track its usage against your contracts? The solution is the Miracle Service Yield Tracker module which provides you complete control of your contract commitments and saves you money.
Yield Tracker gives you an automated way of tracking the supplies provided to your customers under contract. Either track supply usage based on the clicks on a machine or based on the total items shipped under the contract.
Ship only the supplies that you agreed to in the customer’s contract. Once a customer has reached their supply limit, Miracle Service will notify you every time you go to ship them additional items. When you select the item included in the contract on a Sales Order, Service Task or Sales Invoice you will receive a pop-up notification that the order will exceed the customers limit, and give you the option to charge for the additional supplies.
You will improve available cash, reduce excess inventory and gain additional revenue using Yield Tracker. Don’t miss any more revenue opportunities.
• Highly Configurable: It offers a great flexibility in order to track usage criteria that are specific to your company.
• Alerts: Know when your customer has exceeded supply limits or is running low.
• Automatically Tracks Customer Usage Limits: Usage levels are calculated based on the items from Sales Invoices, Sales Orders and Parts Used on a Service Task.
• Yield Tracking by Parts Category: Tracks usage by number of supplies/parts used during the contract term. Levels can be set by contract template.
• Yield Tracking by Meter Clicks: The total yield limits and the meter clicks on the Service Contract are evaluated to generate two types of alerts (which can be set by individual contract):
1) Exceed Alert: this occurs when the parts usage level exceeds the predefined warning level for the number of meter clicks on the Service Contract.
2) Low Alert: this occurs when the parts usage level is running low for the number of meter clicks on the Service Contract.